Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just Ł10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Wraps
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-01-2019, 02:38 PM
  2. Mug Wraps
    By johna1954 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 11:16 AM
  3. Wanted Mug Wraps
    By arthur.daley in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
  4. Mug wraps
    By TonyM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-08-2011, 11:09 PM
  5. new wraps
    By chongsta in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-03-2010, 06:54 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another question…mug wraps

Don’t seem to be having ANY luck at the moment.

We have noticed that the green wraps we are using are staining the mugs where the mug isn’t protected by paper. We have tried adding an extra sheet of paper in between the sublimation paper and the silicone wrap but then that seems to be causing our slight blurring issue (as the silicone wrap isn’t getting pressure to the slight dips in the mugs).

So, we are now covering much more of the mug with tape but I wonder if there’s any obvious reason why the wraps would be staining the mugs (they are brand new wraps).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How close to the edge of the paper do you print your images? It may be caused by gassing out from the sides of the paper wrap if the image is printed right up to the edge.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Image one shows how my prints come out of the printer. Image 2 shows how they are taped and image three shows with wrap attached.

I found that it is really important to have the paper extend beyond the wrap. So on my mugs the paper is 240mm wide. It is also important that you have clean wraps (which you seem to have). I tend to give my wraps a "cook" to gas off after about 20 odd prints or if I have done a design that has been really heavy on ink (such as the one illutrated)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another question…mug wraps

Thanks for that Simon, that’s really helpful.

I think this week I’ve just experienced every issue you could possibly have printing mugs, all at once.

I feel a bit better today after doing 6 oven loads in our new ovens with only 2 bad mugs out of 96 printed.

With the wraps, we had started to ‘double wrap’ our mugs, so adding a piece of copier paper between the sublimation paper and the silicone wrap in an attempt to a) reduce the amount of ink migrating to the wraps and b) stop the edges of the wraps staining the mugs, and while I don’t believe this was 100% the cause of my issues, every mug I’ve done today was single wrapped, and had a much higher success rate.

I suspect my solution to the staining may actually be to cut the paper to the size you mentioned to then cover the rest of the mug.