Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. For Sale Sublinova Smart
    By mags1892 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2016, 06:16 PM
  2. Smart Phone Cases
    By socialgiraffe in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 12:37 PM
  3. UV printing on ipad smart covers?
    By s31teg in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any one got an e-Up or Smart ForFour EQ?

Anyone on the electric car bandwagon? I'm wanting to change my existing petrol smart run-a-round (not main family car) for an electric and I've test driven the VW e-UP and today test driving the Smart ForFour EQ. If anyone has either I would love to hear your feedback? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok - I went for the Smart EQ! Basically got the top range version with £4k off from dealer plus £2.5k off from government grant and very good part exchange value. I would say the Smart EQ has way more features than the e-Up although the battery is rubbish (half the range of the UP) but with my unit only 5 miles from home ten this isn't really an issue. So - I can give advice now if anyone is thinking of either :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was your end price olly?
    we have been looking at electric but in Devon the charging spots are not quite up there yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. I don't think charging spots here are any better but if you buy a Smart (Mercedes dealerships) then they will provide you with a 3-pin lead for the car, public charging lead AND will fit a FREE charging socket to your home (domestic only address) worth £600 - probably an offer that won't last. Prior to part exchange I got the Executive Smart EQ for around £18,500 (RRP £24k) which includes a hefty £3k discount (which I spotted online and they matched as close as they could) and with £2.5k grant from government (they deal with this so nothing to fill in). With part exchange (around £7000 on my petrol Smart) then I end up paying £175 per month for 48 months with a balloon payment at end if I want to buy it or use any equity against another car. I've had three petrol smart cars which have been brilliant (for short town journeys) and with an 8 year warranty on battery then an electric made sense as just come to end of current PCP.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Mrteajunkie (23-11-2021)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad price at all mate.
    we cover a fair few miles each year 20,000 + so we would need a bigger car with higher range.

I looked at an ioniq but not convinced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe the VW iD3 or 4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Been considering leasing a small electric car, Mini, Zoe (Please come up with better names Renault!) or VW Up etc. I only do 10 miles a day to work so not too worried about the lack of charging points outside of home.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Been considering leasing a small electric car, Mini, Zoe (Please come up with better names Renault!) or VW Up etc. I only do 10 miles a day to work so not too worried about the lack of charging points outside of home.
    There is a new Citroen (I think it’s then) who have just released one called AMY (I think) which should be available in the UK next year.

Check it out and maybe wait as that is only £7k (approx)

It only has a range of 28 miles, but that will suit you I would imagine.

Two things though… there are going to be huge problems UK wide with charging points in the future as the infrastructure is not ready and will take too long.

Secondly you might want to watch the recent Panorama documentary as well as it does pose a bit of an ethical quandary. No judgement from my part, but its worth a viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I´d love to get a Hybrid but what I can see is that they still need to be plugged in. I do 150klms daily to and from work and live in a flat which is very typical if you live in a city in Germany. To put in a charging station at work would be the best option but Im retiring next year so that is out. Shame as I would really like to give it a go.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The technology isn't really there yet with EVs.
    Promising things come along here and there but the technology gets squashed as there's an enormous amount to be made from lithium batteries.

If the covid people win, then the future for the West is one without car ownership, and EV uptake is being used to facilitate this.
    The best thing we can do in this regard is to stick to the internal combustion engine as this will protect our future better than going down the EV route. Otherwise, in about five years time or so, everyone will wish they'd never heard of electric cars.