Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpres Free Delivery Fridays question
    By StellaD in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-10-2018, 11:41 AM
  2. i need mugs.....lots of mugs...at least a quote for lots of mugs !!
    By giftsne in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
  3. Question about Adkins and Xpres
    By sarahd in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 06:24 PM
  4. cap press having a wobbly
    By jennywren in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Last Post: 13-08-2013, 09:52 AM
  5. xpres basic mug question
    By Steve in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Last Post: 25-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    I asked one of my employees what he thought of the difference in print and he said it was like switching to HD. I must say he’s right, the coating is phenomenal.
    My only gripe is the dishwasher safe claim.
    they are only safe @45oC I have had so many complaints about images peeling off.

When I asked xpres they said that’s what they would expect being washed at a high temp.
    this is an issue I never had from the orca mugs so now I issue a leaflet with mugs stating only dishwasher safe @45oC.

Its a shame but damn the quality in prints is impressive.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteajunkie View Post
    My only gripe is the dishwasher safe claim.
    they are only safe @45oC I have had so many complaints about images peeling off.

When I asked xpres they said that’s what they would expect being washed at a high temp.
    this is an issue I never had from the orca mugs so now I issue a leaflet with mugs stating only dishwasher safe @45oC.

Its a shame but damn the quality in prints is impressive.
    I agree the quality of print if not mug is just much better than I've been able to get with others

....and just I as go to order more they are sold out till next year! Will need to try something else.

Thanks for the heads up about the dishwasher temp I have around 100 new customers that will be getting an email to let them know!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulprints View Post
    I agree the quality of print if not mug is just much better than I've been able to get with others

....and just I as go to order more they are sold out till next year! Will need to try something else.

Thanks for the heads up about the dishwasher temp I have around 100 new customers that will be getting an email to let them know!
    The XP5013’s are in stock on their website.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gazfocus For This Useful Post:

Paulprints (08-12-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The XP5013’s are in stock on their website.
    Thanks I just ordered another five boxes. Earlier today they showed out of stock and the live chat told me January 2022!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulprints For This Useful Post:

gazfocus (08-12-2021)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Curious to hear if anyone else is still having issues with xpres XP5013’s. I’ve got our local rep coming on Tuesday to pick up some mugs that we are having issues with so she can take them to head office to be looked at (I suspect they are looking to see if the issue is ourselves or the mugs haha).

I’ve already pointed them in the direction of this thread so would be interested to hear what other people have found.

I have tried reaching out to listawood to try their mugs but got radio silence so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen the prices have gone up already!
    i have been buying the orca mugs from mdp again, and although the print isn’t as vibrant I’m happy to stick with the orcas. I can’t justify the price increase for a builders mug.

Sorry xpres I know times are tough and all that but, mdp mugs wash better have little to no issues and are cheaper.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteajunkie For This Useful Post:

Justin (15-01-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (I suspect they are looking to see if the issue is ourselves or the mugs haha).
    Don't assume that suppliers are always telling the truth.

We used to produce repeat signage (not sublimation) for a good customer using a premium quality material.

One day after some years of no problems we had almost finished an order but had to load a new roll which had just arrived. Exactly the same material, product ref. etc. The new roll instantly misprinted and when we telephoned the supplier they swore we were the only one to have problems, made us email photos, run all sorts of tests, etc. We needed an urgent solution and were confident the problem was not our machinery or settings but eventually agreed to have another roll if they quality checked it first. Next day the new roll arrived with "Quality Checked" scrawled on the box but no sign of a test. It was just as bad as the first and to add insult to injury we were billed for it too with no credit on the first one...

A few months later I was called by a friendly office bod from that supplier who I had known years before. He noted that I wasn't buying from them any more and I told him why.

"Oh that stuff" he said, " We've had nothing but problems with it. Everyone is complaining"

In the meantime we had changed to a different supplier whose USP was that they had their own British factory and all of their products were 100% British. It was therefore surprising that one day they had no stock of this particular material. When I enquired when they might have it a newish employee said "No idea, it's stuck on a ship somewhere between here and China!"

There's another similar story I won't bore you with but suffice to say I never trust what a supplier says now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaD For This Useful Post:

Justin (15-01-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Curious to hear if anyone else is still having issues with xpres XP5013’s. I’ve got our local rep coming on Tuesday to pick up some mugs that we are having issues with so she can take them to head office to be looked at (I suspect they are looking to see if the issue is ourselves or the mugs haha).

I’ve already pointed them in the direction of this thread so would be interested to hear what other people have found.

I have tried reaching out to listawood to try their mugs but got radio silence so far.
    As I've mentioned before we've only ever used XP5013 mugs frfom Xpres. Last couple of boxes we've noticed havn't been quite to the same usual high standard. They're still really good but at the price they are now we've started looking elsewhere. Neil Bros look like a good alternative for mugs and other items. The 10oz Orca Durham Mug (Grade AA) is a better price so would like to look at these.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    As I've mentioned before we've only ever used XP5013 mugs frfom Xpres. Last couple of boxes we've noticed havn't been quite to the same usual high standard. They're still really good but at the price they are now we've started looking elsewhere. Neil Bros look like a good alternative for mugs and other items. The 10oz Orca Durham Mug (Grade AA) is a better price so would like to look at these.
    The print quality of the orca mugs at Neil brothers isn’t as good as xpres. The colours just aren’t as vibrant.

However, we have used the 11oz mugs from Neil brothers in the past and generally been happy with them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gazfocus For This Useful Post:

Justin (15-01-2022)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched away from Neil Brothers after having lots of problems at Christmas 2020 with the NB 10oz AAA mugs. I moved to Listawood (I got a good price) but the quality was so variable it was shocking - out of the frying pan into the fire! So much so that I would never use them again. I ended up ordering another 6/7 pallets of the 11oz AAA mugs from Neil Brothers and we had no problems at all with them. I think I'll be sticking to Neil Brothers, good consistent quality (I had used Neil Brothers for 3-4 years before Christmas 2020).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to garysub For This Useful Post:

Justin (21-01-2022)