Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Silicone mug wraps
    By gazfocus in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-03-2021, 10:47 AM
  2. For Sale Silicone mug wraps
    By mrs maggot in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-01-2021, 04:42 PM
  3. For Sale Silicone Mug Wraps
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2018, 07:15 AM
  4. Silicone Mug wraps
    By Tubstar in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-10-2017, 06:01 PM
  5. How to clean wraps?
    By JMugs in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2013, 04:00 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Silicone Mug Wraps…how do you clean them?

Looking for ideas of how we can clean our silicone mug wraps.

We use srace paper which seems to let a fair amount of ink seep through the paper to the silicone wrap and after doing around 50 mugs per wrap, they are that saturated with ink that they stain any part of the mug that the wrap touches that’s not covered by paper.

For example, we use A4 paper and cut to 3 ‘wraps’ after printing, so the wraps end up 210mm wide x 99mm tall. This means there’s an area ‘unprotected’ each side of the handle and this is where the mugs get stained.

One solution we tried was to add an extra piece of paper in between the silicone wrap and the printed srace paper, but this introduced other issues where mugs have a slight dip in the sides.

The only other option I can think of is cutting my paper to 238mm wide which will go right up to the handle on both sides.

Anyway, I’ll stop waffling and wait to see if any of you have found an effective way to clean your wraps :)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two things... :-)

i purchase my paper pre cut to 240 mm x 96mm from Ink Experts. I print these (including edge to edge if needed) and wrap so that the paper is up against the handle. I do this for two reasons, one is to protect the mug from the ink that potentially "gasses" plus it makes it really easy to wrap. There are some recommendations about all of this somewhere on the forum. If I can think of a narrow search term I will post it here. But the short of it is always have your paper extend over the area covered by the wrap.

To clean the wraps I chuck them on a tray, whack the temperature up to the maximum and cook them for about 30 minutes. I recommend you only do this when no one is in the office as it produces quite a lot of ink fumes. I normally chuck about 100 in at one time.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Justin (09-12-2021)