Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New Heatpress + Mug Press
    By chet in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-07-2021, 10:32 AM
  2. Recommendations for Photo printing papers on Epson1 photo 1400 printer
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2019, 11:05 PM
  3. Recommendations for trade coaster printing
    By Lmahaffey in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-06-2017, 01:36 PM
  4. swing away heatpress
    By calvinabc in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info everyone, I hadn't come across the PressMech presses before and the bag one looks like it definitely will fit my requirements! Going to do a bit more research to double check it's the right choice and then I'll get one ordered asap (had to close all my online shops due to not being able to print )

Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    You shouldn't need the optional extra platens - wonder if anyone actually uses them.
    Definitely don't think I need the extra platens - they are just going to gather dust in my, very limited space, studio. Will look to see if I can purchase without!

Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    In terms of the bags, if you are doing that qty I presume you are using laser transfers which means you need decent pressure. You will need to get a good “heavy” press I’m afraid so hopefully you are not “Billy no mates” when you receive the delivery :-)
    I print using inkjet transfers (Jetpro sofstretch) - I've no idea if they still require the same amount of pressure as the laser ones but given I managed to split the metal base on my present press, possibly from having the pressure too high, then I'm guessing they do. Am resigned to the fact I'm probably going to have to pay someone to shift the press from my front door, down the garden to the studio - let's just hope it's not raining on the day the press arrives as it might be sat outside a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Fairly new looking one in Leicester
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265244437...wAAOSwuGVg-TRP
    £950 and open to offers
    Thanks, will have a look but not sure I want the hassle of having to pick it up from Leicester. Still working out how I'm going to get one from the front door and down the garden to my studio

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, me again! Can anyone tell me if this heatpress at NovaChrome is the PressMech bag press but without the extra platens?

https://www.novachrome.co.uk/product...eep-impact-a3/

There's no brand on the listing but it looks very similar to the one on the PressMech site: http://www.pressmech.co.uk/online/in...oduct/view/1/1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulamoo View Post
    Sorry, me again! Can anyone tell me if this heatpress at NovaChrome is the PressMech bag press but without the extra platens?

https://www.novachrome.co.uk/product...eep-impact-a3/

There's no brand on the listing but it looks very similar to the one on the PressMech site: http://www.pressmech.co.uk/online/in...oduct/view/1/1

It is a pressmech, without the branding (not that any of them have much branding). It is where I got mine from.
    Not actualy the bag press, but identical in every way except it doesn't have the extra 8 inches of clearance under the platen for bulky items. There is still 2 inches of clearence so that you can thread items completly over and under the platen.

Unless you print lots of structured sports bags or bulky jackets you probably won't need the bag press.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

paulamoo (10-01-2022)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No harm in phoning pressmech direct see if they will sell to you direct, have any ex demo, returns etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

paulamoo (10-01-2022)