Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Black horizontal Lines Printing on Ricoh SG7100 Printouts
    By GO4GROUP in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-08-2020, 05:21 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 05:57 PM
  3. Printing installation and set up- Ricoh SG7100 DN
    By Angelo in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Thread: SG7100 revival

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SG7100 revival

Thought I'd share this:
    Just finished resurrecting a Ricoh SG7100 A3 printer. My daughter already has an SG3110.
    It was a free printer, with a low page count, but hadn't been used for about 3 years. I used to work on Ricoh copiers, so I downloaded the service manual.
    I bought a sublimation conversion kit from Ink Experts, filled the carts with deionised water, and ran a purging program.
    I also dismantled and cleaned the waste tank then reset the counter.
    Once I had emptied the last of the water from the carts, I left them in the airing cupboard overnight to dry them out before filling them again.
    If you run the purging program, the next time you switch the machine on, it runs the initial setup and loads the system with ink.
    Then I ran a few head cleans and head flushes, and ran a load of pages through it to get it printing OK .
    Seems to be working well, I wouldn't have liked to risk it with Expensive Sawgrass ink.
    We'll have to see if the ink experts ink is any good.
    Last edited by WylieCoyoteUK; 29-01-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well 8 months on, and the printer hadn't been used for a while and when it was, it started pumping ink forever.
    Ran this cycle again and it seems to be going OK now. The Ink experts ink work fine.
    The SG3110 with the Sawgrass ink, every now and again for no apparent reason, stops printing properly in purple, magenta goes very weak.
    May have to purge that one as well.