Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. High release paper recommendations for SG800
    By Baldy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-01-2020, 01:45 PM
  2. Printer/ink for High Visibility Clothing
    By stodd89 in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2017, 09:30 PM
  3. 3D Printer alternative for phone cases
    By tristan in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2017, 08:45 AM
  4. Cameo high volume order?
    By omar78 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 06:56 PM
  5. Best value laser transfer paper (no silicon fuser) for high volume?
    By logobear in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-04-2014, 01:55 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SC-F500 is not a production printer! - recommendations for a high volume alternative?

I spoke to EPSON today when booking my second fixed price repair for an "end of parts life" message on my EPSON SC-F500.

The first time this happened was 6 months ago and I was lucky as apparently as they replaced a lot more than they should have done. I got everything from the ink tanks all the way to the print head replaced (including the tanks and head) and he reset all the counters to ensure it would last. This time they are only replacing the ink tubes. When speaking with the engineer I asked if that meant that in a couple of weeks another part could go end of life and he said yes it's likely, and they could check the counters for other items when they get here but they can only replace what has reached end of life under this repair.

I'm shocked that it's also the second time I've been told that the SC-F500 isn't a production printer and should only be used as a backup.

Based on this, the SC-F500 clearly can't handle the volume and I'm after recommendations for a higher volume printer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buy/Lease an Epson 7800 from https://www.reprorepairs.co.uk Fantastic 24" wide printer and we have two going all day and their service is second to none.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there - I am looking at moving away from A3 printer - and I am looking at a 7800 or 7880 ( sc-F500 was also a possible one)
    what do you do for smaller prints for say mugs, coasters etc ? ..do you just run all those through your 7800?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ignore F500 as hear colour match not great. We run A3 printer for small items needing detail such as metal keyrings, SG400 for mugs using pre cut mug paper (so much easier) and the 7800's for everything else from coasters to tea towels. Only issue is that Repro Repairs has ceased trading so not sure who deals with these printers anymore. Using 24" paper you can get 5 coasters across and print 4 down so 20 coasters per press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have heard mixed reviews on the sc-F500 coming from using a SG800 I don’t want to be disappointed with image etc. as much as that would have been the convenient choice think I may stay clear then.

It may be an idea to get another A4/A3 eco tank for smaller items then … my most recent sg800 printer head is going (amazed you can’t buy replacement parts)

thanks for the info on the the coasters - good to know - I have had custom jigs made to press x4 at the time to keep groups together.
    to do x24 at a time are you just taping the coasters to the whole sheet ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    colours on f500 is very descent out of the box. I can tell a lot about this printer but not that colours are bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    colours on f500 is very descent out of the box. I can tell a lot about this printer but not that colours are bad.
    Hi Paul - thats good to you hear you have a had a good experience - do you do allot of volume on it ?
    Have you every used any other machine to compare to ?

cheers :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I used a LOT of small printer up to A3+ previoslu. I also have an experience with epson 44"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG