Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2021, 10:55 AM
  2. Sefa heat presses
    By msub in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-12-2020, 08:24 AM
  3. Sefa Swing Auto Open - Anyone Got One?
    By bubbleimages in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-07-2020, 12:01 PM
  4. Sefa rhd 450s
    By Rendis in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-04-2019, 09:44 PM
  5. Sefa Heat Presses
    By Justin in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-04-2015, 10:27 AM

Thread: SEFA vs Stahls?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEFA vs Stahls?

We are looking at buying an additional heat press for doing T-shirts and I’m struggling to decide between the Hotronix IQ and the SEFA Rotex Pro V3. The SEFA is coming out at about £300-400 more than the stahls but I don’t know if it’s a better press.

Curious to hear if anyone has the SEFA and what your opinions are if you have one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware of auto open heatpresses for sublimation. When the electromagnet releases it can cause the transfer to jump, leading to ghosting (on some presses).

Never used either presses, but I gave up using Hotronix in favour of Pressmech. For the cost of the SEFA you could get a Pressmech pneumatic press or 2 of the manual ones.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Beware of auto open heatpresses for sublimation. When the electromagnet releases it can cause the transfer to jump, leading to ghosting (on some presses).

Never used either presses, but I gave up using Hotronix in favour of Pressmech. For the cost of the SEFA you could get a Pressmech pneumatic press or 2 of the manual ones.
    I’ve not heard of pressmech before but they look like very ghetto…will research them though. My main requirement is to have something programmable so we can have a setting for htv, a setting for coasters, keyrings, etc, and also something that can feed T-shirts properly.

The sefa is very soft at opening from the videos I’ve seen so eliminates the judder when opening, though I do get your point about that and is one reason I’ve discounted the Galaxy presses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    I’ve not heard of pressmech before but they look like very ghetto…will research them though. My main requirement is to have something programmable so we can have a setting for htv, a setting for coasters, keyrings, etc, and also something that can feed T-shirts properly.

I personaly stear clear of anything programmable - far to much to go wrong, and potentialy expensive to repair if it does.
    Unless you have a turnover of inexperienced staff is there any real benefit to having programable settings? It might save a few seconds but you still have to wait several minutes for the temperature to adjust which outweighs the time saving.

You are right that the SEFA is a very different animal to the Galaxy presses. There was a used SEFA on ebay recently - it might still be there.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a SEFA auto-open, and it has been fantastic for the past 2 years since getting it from Xpres, lovely machine.