Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. EPSON SC-F100 & SC-F500 quality issues
    By mrc1312 in forum Printers
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 07:22 PM
  2. Epson ET-2700, Sublisplash Colour Issues
    By tango_pi in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-08-2020, 05:36 PM
  3. ICC and colour issues
    By PamC in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-06-2019, 04:24 PM
  4. Colour issues
    By Quinsfan in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2016, 09:31 PM
  5. Epson D120 issues - I have two of them, each with different issues!
    By barryslip in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EPSON SC-F100 colour issues etc

Hi,
    I have been struggling with getting accurate colours from my epson. To cut a long story short the ICC profile was missing from the driver which messed things up until epson and me worked out what was going on.
    But, even though the results are better, they are some distance off the original art on screen and the accurate results I got from my old Ricoh (that died). Messed up in the green and blue side of things. As I sell coasters etc online I want consistency with my existing product pics etc see no reason why I should put up with a substandard profile.
    Any ideas where I might find a better ICC profile, the Epson one doesn't cut it. Or where I could get a profile made?
    Guidance on heat press times for Epson inks and paper was not provided. (I bought the Epson package deal with inks and paper). Trial and error gets expensive. Less time by about 1/3 to1/2 seems about right (glass coasters, wood coasters, ceramic tiles)
    cheers,
    Jon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say there are threads on here that basically say the Epson F100 doesn't give accurate colours. I've known of at least two large companies ditch the printer after a week. I believe if you're designing in-house and clients do not know the difference then you're fine but if you're dealing with client artwork then I don't think you're able to get good enough accuracy. We ourselves have done trials with all the printers on the market and our conclusion is that only the SG400 with a custom profile gives accurate colours. SG500, Epson models modified for sublimation as well as the F100/F500 are not good enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is you are not the only one to suffer with colour issues using Epsons own sublimation printers. Search the forum - there are some posts about the F100 and F500 colour issues. The next issue is you will be told you have exceeded the duty cycle of the printer (used it too much).

Ink Experts can make you a good profile. They are forum members and very knowledgable about sublimation. https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/ When you have used your epson ink it might be worth trying Inktec Sublinova.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. That is bad news. . I shall look up the SG400. I did a search for EpsonSC F100 before I posted but I must have mispelled or something as nothing came up. I will pursue this with the printer supplier. .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    All I can say is you are not the only one to suffer with colour issues using Epsons own sublimation printers. Search the forum - there are some posts about the F100 and F500 colour issues. The next issue is you will be told you have exceeded the duty cycle of the printer (used it too much).

Ink Experts can make you a good profile. They are forum members and very knowledgable about sublimation. https://www.inkexperts.co.uk/ When you have used your epson ink it might be worth trying Inktec Sublinova.
    What was the limit reached? I don't print a lot compared to a more commercial operation but I had that issue with an old Epson inkjet back in the day. It is so cynical. I will contact Inkexperts, thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBA View Post
    What was the limit reached?
    Someone on the forum with a F500 had issues when they tried to make a warranty claim. They had printed quite a lot, but nowhere near as much as you would hope for from a £2k machine.
    https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...highlight=f500
    Last edited by pw66; 17-03-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Sorry to say there are threads on here that basically say the Epson F100 doesn't give accurate colours. I've known of at least two large companies ditch the printer after a week. I believe if you're designing in-house and clients do not know the difference then you're fine but if you're dealing with client artwork then I don't think you're able to get good enough accuracy. We ourselves have done trials with all the printers on the market and our conclusion is that only the SG400 with a custom profile gives accurate colours. SG500, Epson models modified for sublimation as well as the F100/F500 are not good enough.
    Is the SG00 as bad as the Epson? The SG400 is discontinued so that is out and mine is dead. What alternatives for the same price(ish) are there? I am seriously thinking of sending the epson back but need an alternative that isn't twice as expensive. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the Epson L805 from Ink Experts. About the same price as the F100. Six colour photo quality printer using Inktec Sublinova inks, properly profiled.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Just my 5pence worth - F500 prints amazing quality and never had an issue with the colours. Only software/driver is terrible :)

Reference your issue with F100, keep the epson and inks as they are good and cheap. Make a custom ICC and you should be good to go. At least next time when you use epson ink you know they are consistent and they wont disappear from the market like some cheap inks.
    I would love to create custom ICC for you but I am so busy right now, That I don't even know where is my spectrophotometer :) I know there are some inks companies out there who will do it for you. cost currently is about £35/£50.

If you wont be able to find anyone, i will do a browse for my gear!
    Last edited by Paul; 18-03-2022 at 10:34 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I might be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!, but I'm sure that you cannot use a custom profile with F100 from what I remember a friend in the industry said. I think you are tied down to the Epson.