Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is it always ....

Why is it always I manage to convince one of my clients (photographer friend) to try a new product, or a new type of product (in this case ceramic coasters) and the entire stock in the UK seems to disappear.... Everyone seems to sold out! I could understand if it was Christmas but mid march / early April, Just annoying!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the same with Mugs, I can only find suppliers with a minimum order of £400

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with garments. Just as I get a confirmed order from the customer - usually after several weeks of emails and proofing - the style/size/colour combo they order is out of stock.
    Up until recently 'out of stock' meant 'available on Thursday', now it means 'try again in August'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Same with garments. Just as I get a confirmed order from the customer - usually after several weeks of emails and proofing - the style/size/colour combo they order is out of stock.
    Up until recently 'out of stock' meant 'available on Thursday', now it means 'try again in August'.
    Same here. I use The Gildan Hoodie for end of school term hoodies. Give them samples to try on then come back with the order. Must have by today, the 5th of April but half are not in stock. Really annoying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Same here. I use The Gildan Hoodie for end of school term hoodies. Give them samples to try on then come back with the order. Must have by today, the 5th of April but half are not in stock. Really annoying.
    It is something effectging all parts of the industry - mugs, garments etc.
    I have virtually stopped using Gildan. Stock levels are terrible across a size scale and prices rises have outstripped other brands. Thats probably why they have had to introduce their 'inventory finder' app - because no one has a full size scale.

One of the UK distributors told me that they can no longer afford to 'top up' Gildan shortages by bringing stock in from the Europe warehouse because most of of it is subject to 12% extra duty under 'rules of origin'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    It is something effectging all parts of the industry - mugs, garments etc.
    I have virtually stopped using Gildan. Stock levels are terrible across a size scale and prices rises have outstripped other brands. Thats probably why they have had to introduce their 'inventory finder' app - because no one has a full size scale.

One of the UK distributors told me that they can no longer afford to 'top up' Gildan shortages by bringing stock in from the Europe warehouse because most of of it is subject to 12% extra duty under 'rules of origin'.
    Gildan have had a world wide supply problem , its not just Europe thats affected.
    Ive also had problems with Russell and FOL. Other firms like Promodoro have economised their ranges and introduced new lines just when the Covid problem was kicking in and that caused shortages.
    The ID brand from Denmark also had shortages until recently but they seem to be sorted at last.
    Its a problem all over and I have no idea what the close down in Shanghai will cause.
    But these problems are so small compared to whats happening in Ukraine that we shouldnt really moan about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully the pricing issue isn't effecting FOTL as much in the UK. It is stuff that comes from Bangladesh, Cambodia and Haiti (via Europe) that is getting the extra 12% duty stuck on. Stock from Roly in Spain is affected, but it is still cheaper than buying from UK suppliers, provided I order in packs/cartons and can make a carriage paid order.

Gildan 5000 t-shirts are suddenly £0.15 dearer than Fruit of the Loom Valueweight. Doesn't sound much, but on volume orders margins are tight.