Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Xpres Price Increase 2022 by 10% to 15%
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-10-2022, 10:31 AM
  2. Signzworld exhibiting at Sign & Digital 2022
    By Signzworld Support in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-03-2022, 04:56 PM
  3. Printwear & Promotion 2022 update
    By Paul in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-01-2022, 01:21 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P&p 2022?

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

P&p 2022?

Anyone been this year?

Was thinking about a quick trip tomorrow but not overly excited at the prospect.

I'm expecting a DTF fest and nothing much new as always.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This year I let George & Stu go..... not heard back from them yet....
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally go on a Tuesday and you would think after 2 years I might be raring to go!

Not so.

The thought of a 170+ mile round trip @ £1.60+ a litre, £10 to park (unless I can pull my usual trick) and some food etc at NEC prices made me seriously look at the exhibitor list and I don't see anything new in Dye Sub that might be on display that I don't already know about, while, in fact, a number of my regular suppliers are not attending this year and one is even based in Birmingham and they have been ever present in past years.

The email I received yesterday from P&P indicated 000's had already attended on Sunday, well, who know's, but it will be interesting to read any reports from members who did attend and whether they thought it was worth the effort and does the Show still have legs moving forward in an age when everything is released and notified in real time on the internet?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thecartoonman For This Useful Post:

Justin (26-04-2022), pw66 (27-04-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just can't face the NEC, and all the expense and hassle. Maybe if there was a smaller show at Olympia I would have thought differently.

I was going to go, to look at DTF machines, but had the impression that every stand selling them would be inundated with gawkers and tyre kickers. On top of that a lot of the people selling them know diddly squat about the complexities of running complex wide format equipment, and don't necessarily have the suport network in place. I thought better of it.

I will go through the exhibitor list and see who has something of interest and make appointments accordingly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Justin (26-04-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We thought about going, but nothing stood out as being of great interest to me. So decided not to go this year. I know a few others who haven't gone this year.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with us, we also decided not to venture down this year, when we normally do and do a hotel stopover.

With costs rising and very quiet Q1 all round, we decided to knock it on the head and will venture down in the future, or pay a visit to Xpres and their showroom at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from DTF the only thing I would have liked to have seen the new Pressmech linear twin platen press, but it wasn't enough to make me go.
    Did anyone get a look at it? The only image on the PM website looks to be a very incomplete early prototype.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Can't even see the new press on PM site. Very poor website, always has been. Can't for the life of me understand why they never made a UK mug press either.

So general consensus on the show is same as my opinion, not worth bothering anymore. Maybe time for a rethink p&p.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

pw66 (27-04-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Can't even see the new press on PM site. Very poor website, always has been. Can't for the life of me understand why they never made a UK mug press either.

So general consensus on the show is same as my opinion, not worth bothering anymore. Maybe time for a rethink p&p.
    Linear.JPG
    That is as good an image as it gets.
    I agree with you about the website - it doesn't match the quality of the products sold.

I also agree about P&P needing a rethink. Do we really need to see brands like Fruit of the Loom who - unless you spend the £100k per annum to open a direct account - only serve us through the wholesale network? Strip those brands away and there is very little there.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Justin (27-04-2022), Paul (28-04-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I wanted to go but was too busy with life and business.
    But... There was a lot I wanted to see.
    Embroidery machines: I am looking at two or more head machines for descent price with a fairly local servicing option
    DTG - looking in to invest one.
    DTF - I already have seen it and I don't think it's for me. I sell my products at a higher marginin lower quantities.. My customers are people who want may be up to 30 items at a time. DTF need to RUN RUN RUN! So if you are a BULK printer then this may be the option. I am not convinced yet.
    Dye-sub. LOADS of new stuff. If you look at American or Chinese sites, they have loads. New bottles, mug shapes etc. so would be good to see who stocks those new products.
    I am also very interested in seeing all eco-solvent types of vinyl. I can't afford to buy every roll on the market so would be good to see them all in one place. especially applied to t-shirts. SO for me, it would be a productive trip, but as I said.... busy with life
    Last edited by Paul; 29-04-2022 at 01:07 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG