Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. WebP images won't open in Photoshop? ...
    By webtrekker in forum Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2021, 12:57 PM
  2. cross stitch converter Help
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

WEBP to JPG, PNG, etc converter ...

I'm putting this in here as I thought it may be of help for anyone needing to batch-convert a bunch of .webp images into another format.

I came across this issue after scraping a suppliers website for data of their pick & mix sweets which my daughter buys from them for her shop. I needed to download product names, descriptions, ingredients, dietary information and images of the products. Webscraping has saved me a TON of time as I can just have a cuppa or watch the telly while all the data is downloaded for me automatically! I then re-format it in a spreadsheet, save it as a .csv, and upload it to our ecommerce site (Ecwid).

Sounds great, but one issue I came across was that all of the suppliers product images were in .webp format and Ecwid won't accept .webp. So, I need some software to batch-convert all of the images to .jpg. After much searching around through trial versions and online versions that had limits on the number of conversions I finally found XnConvert, which does the job beautifully, very fast and, above all, FREE, with no limits. It's also cross-platform.

Anyone interested can find it here: https://www.xnview.com/en/xnconvert/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

neoprostiv (22-06-2022), StellaD (01-05-2022)