Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Packaging
    By anniecov in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-01-2016, 01:36 PM
  2. Bad packaging
    By twinsgran in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-03-2014, 12:43 AM
  3. What should I register my Business as?
    By derek in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-01-2012, 10:44 PM
  4. Casio CR140 Cash register *** NOW SOLD ***
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-01-2011, 06:25 PM
  5. cant register
    By in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-11-2009, 10:23 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LUCID Packaging Register

I've been notified by Amazon that I must register for the above or be barred from trading with Germany. Has anyone else dealt with this?

It seems that apart from giving the weights of packaging used there has to be some provision for arranging the return of packaging from the customer. This all smacks of nightmare to me - any thoughts?

Thank you,

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has nobody any experience of this? If you send goods to Germany or elsewhere in EU you'll encounter it shortly.

Ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked into it about 12 months ago and it was a nightmare! It was going to be necessary to buy an allowance for each individual country in the EU. I decided to cut and run with BREXIT being an issue as well.
    ETSY have sent out blanket notifications and I suspect it will become a complete pain in the arse for everybody.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So right, it's terrifying. It seems easy enough to get the licence but I can't find information on this business of accepting return of packaging from customer. It seems bonkers.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think you will have to accept the packaging as a small seller but may have to pay a small charge towards disposal if the packaging isnt recycled / reuseable etc. For my etsy store im just not supplying germany any more (90% of my trader is to UK most of the rest is US bound)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pcwizme For This Useful Post:

raydavies (18-05-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally when I delved into it I needed to buy an annual allowance for each individual country. Each country had a different form and different charges. The fines for non-compliance were the same for small businesses and multi-nationals. There was going to be a period of grace (varying for each country) to allow businesses to get themselves sorted. It would appear those periods of grace are now coming to an end.
    I stopped shipping outside of the UK as the hassle against return wasn't justified for me.

Here is a useful link https://www.ecosistant.eu/en/packagi...ter-in-the-eu/

Hopefully some sort of sense may prevail.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JMugs For This Useful Post:

raydavies (18-05-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not as difficult as it seems. I have done LUCID in Germany last night.

1. Register your business on LUCID website - lucid.verpackungsregister.org - you will get a registration number staring with DE...[/FONT]
    2. Put that in seller central. Amazon is done then, they will stop bothering you.
    3. I've registered with www.activate.reclay.de to declare amount of packaging sent to Germany annually. I send literally large letter envelopes at the moment, maybe one or two a month. It will cost me 9 EUR a year for that amount of paper.

I am going to sort France out, it s not as easy as those idiots don't even have English version of websites! I don't think it's much more difficult but from what I have seen so far its 80 EUR a year minimum - I might be wrong tho.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dogkit For This Useful Post:

raydavies (18-05-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the replies. I've now signed up and hope for the best. I don't do a lot with France so will have a think about that one.