Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Shot glasses / Pint glasses
    By Dunk in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2015, 12:49 PM
  2. PINT GLASSES and Rock slate clocks?
    By madmagowan1 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-12-2013, 09:32 PM
  3. Glasses (pint, shot...etc)
    By SeanusMaximus in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-07-2013, 11:13 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 10:36 PM
  5. Pint Glasses
    By Mugsman in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 07:38 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silipint silicone pint glasses?

New to the sublimation world.

I tried to search the forums for an answer to my question but was unable to find anything. Forgive me if it's silly.

I've got some silicone pint glasses from Silipint; https://silipint.com/collections/cup...36293565808789

Is it possible to dye sublimate onto these? Or is the surface inadequate to accept the process?

I had intended on using a silicone wrap, heat tape, a sublimation transfer print, and an oven.

Somehow, I'm thinking this won't work.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    New to the sublimation world.

I tried to search the forums for an answer to my question but was unable to find anything. Forgive me if it's silly.

I've got some silicone pint glasses from Silipint; https://silipint.com/collections/cup...36293565808789

Is it possible to dye sublimate onto these? Or is the surface inadequate to accept the process?

I had intended on using a silicone wrap, heat tape, a sublimation transfer print, and an oven.

Somehow, I'm thinking this won't work.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

The glasses would need to contain polyester, or at least have a polyester coating in order to accept sublimation. They would also need to be able to withstand temperatures of around 200°C or more without melting or warping.

I see the Silipint company screen print their designs rather tha use sublimation ...

Printing Production

We have the unique ability to screen print your artwork in our facilities in Bend, Oregon and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our incredible team of schedulers, stagers, printers, and shippers obsess over all the details in each order, and our crews work tirelessly to meet the demands of our customers.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 13-05-2022 at 10:32 AM.