Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Looking for a Protective Cling Transparent Film.
    By Stitch Up in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-11-2017, 05:01 PM
  2. Transparent iPhone sublimation cases required urgently
    By rob88 in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-06-2014, 09:57 PM
  3. Transparent Vinyl
    By pisquee in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transparent printable HTV

Any one know of a good clear printable HTV, other than TMT Soldark or Siser products? (both apply at too high a temperature, so no good for me)

I need these for neck label for polyester sportswear, so need to be low temp (120-130c) and easy to weed due to small size. Hot peel would be good.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there a reason it needs to be clear?

Reason I ask is because both vinyls you have mentioned act the same way as "normal" printable HTV. Siser have a vinyl that works at 120 degrees so it might be an option to make the background a close colour to the garment perhaps. Not ideal but a work around

Other options to consider

T.One works at 140 degrees but not as durable as vinyl
    Target Transfers sell custom transfers and I think they are a low temp press

You could try sublimating and using a piece of fleece between the platen and the garment (presumably you need a slightly higher time or temp). Apparently with some garments this stops the yellowing. Not tried this myself but worth a punt on a test garment
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

pw66 (24-05-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    Is there a reason it needs to be clear?
    In relation to my original question it is specifically for when I rebrand fluorescent garments which are harder to match than most other colours.

I am currently using Siser Hi 5, and matching the garment colour, or just leaving a white contour (less than ideal). In all other respects Hi 5 is ideal - 5 sec at 120c so no migration, hot peel. I apply the neck label on the cap press - while the next shirt is sublimating - so there is no time implication for relabeling as there would be for longer application times or sublimation.

Siser do a couple of transparent printable vinyls, but both apply at too high a temperature/time so migration could be an issue and there would be a time lag in my work flow.

I thought about DTF, but pressing time could still be a factor.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    aha, I can see your issue.

Not sure that there is anything that is going to suit TBH. DTF is still 15 seconds and although a hot peel, you still need to wait a few seconds. You could try T.One, just ask TMT for a couple of sample printed sheets and see how you get on. But ideally that still needs to be 140 ish. Press for 10, peel and then seal for 10 (although their instructions may have changed recently on that)
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

pw66 (24-05-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I need is a transparent version of Hi 5!

It is such an efficient use or time to relabel at 5 secs hot peel. It is literally done in the time I would be watching the sublimation timer tick down, and still have time to stack and fold the finished garments. Even with a single platen press I am easily sublimating and relabeling over 50 shirts an hour.
    Any other method would add time to the job, as opposed to being an efficient use of time.