Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Custom Build vs Pre Built?
    By gazfocus in forum Hardware
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-11-2021, 01:05 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2017, 08:22 PM
  3. Doing my head in
    By smiler in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-10-2016, 09:37 PM
  4. Banging my head against a brick wall
    By gazfocus in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 11:47 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-03-2015, 11:51 AM

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

New Build PC - Banging my head!

I've been building PC's since forever but I'm totally stumped here!

I havs a mini atx pc working and decided to upgrade it. I removed the CPU and managed to damage the pins (long story) anyhoo, sold that on eBay, who would have thought there was a great market for damaged cpu's?

Bought the new CPU and installed, no boot, nothing. I wondered if I'd damaged the motherboard somehow, couldn't see how but nethertheless I maanged to get the ideitcal board for not much money so I've replaced this....still nothing. Fans whirring so power is coming through to the board.

I have a new mobo, new cpu, new psu, memory etc. but it just will not boot. I'm getting no signal to the monitor.

I've tried all the usual stuff, stripped it to minimal components, reset cmos and so on but nothing. Popped a speaker and removed RAM and booted but I don't even get the beeps warning me no ram installed.

The only thing I'd mention is that the previous CPU had built in graphics and used the onboard graphics sockets. I now have a newer CPU which doesn't have the graphics so have a seperate graphics card. (Yes I've tried 3 of those as well!)

I also wondered if PSU wasn't powerful enoguh, I have 500w which should be fine but I am limited with the micro case as to what I can fit.

Obviosuly I can't get into the bios to make sure it's seeing the pci graphics card but it's the only possible issues I can think of.

Any ideas?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just a stab in the dark here but, as your original cpu and mobo had onboard graphics then the setting to disable this may still be in th BIOS, which of course you can't access now! Have you tried removing and reseating the CMOS battery?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling the bios will need updating but it should at least allow me to get in there.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes this is what I thought but I've installed a new motherboard. Yes, removed and reseated battery on both boards, reset cmos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try another cpu with onboard graphics

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ok all sorted! I was installing a newer Ryzen 5 CPU onto a slightly older Motherboard so had to flash the BIOS to see the new CPU.

All I needed was a CPU that the board could currently recognise so I could get into the bios to flash it and voila, all sorted!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (10-06-2022)