Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. stahls hotronix
    By calvinabc in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-10-2016, 10:37 AM
  2. Hotronix Auto Clam Heat Press
    By Reading-Print in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 11:14 PM
  3. Stahls Hotronix MX300 mug press
    By IPM in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15-11-2012, 06:48 PM
  4. Stahls Hotronix Heat Press 38cm x 38cm
    By Bullseye Designs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:46 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hotronix Fusion IQ Heat Press by Stahls

Hi there, I'm new and am so happy I found this forum- its been invaluable in my research so far so thank you everyone for your contributions!

Like I said I'm still in the heavy research stage but in regards to Machinery I'm very heavily leaning towards the Hotronix Fusion IQ Heat Press (Draw & Swing Away) by Stahls (on Badgers Heat Transfer.uk).

It initially comes with a 40x50cm(16x20") lower platen as standard. HOWEVER, they also offer various other interchangeable lower platen options. The initial spend is hefty to me to begin with and these additional platens are considerable too so I don't have the liberty of buying everything I might possibly need at once.....

....which is the crux of my post- *are* these additional lower platens 100% completely necessary? Or are the issues they address more easily (and financially viably) worked around instead with the help of pads, silicone sheets etc.?

Some of them (like the shoe platen and leg & sleeve ones) I can definitely see the appeal for time saving/quicker production. But others seem so similar I just don't know......

At my level I'm not looking at needing to fulfill huge orders but am wanting to buy the best machine I can afford at this time (which is very intimidating but given the advice about how buying cheap initially can end up costing more in the long run and with how good the warrantys they offer are I'm absolutely sure it'll pay for itself easily- even if a more commercial approach isnt a success for me, the personal applications are endless!).

Btw, I'm not looking for you to go out your way to explain in detail about *how* to work round the issues (I'm sure I can find more in the search) just if its easily possible and these are a money making racket on the manufacturers side or whether I should seriously consider investing in them in the future? Also if anyone has first hand experience of working with/without the additions.

THE ADDITIONAL PLATENS THEY OFFER & WHY:

18cm(7") Round Platen:
    ends of duffle bags, sides of gym bags, tote bags, backpacks, breast pockets
    10cm(4") Square Platen: very small heat transfers, youth clothing, garments with buttons, zippers and seams in close proximity to print area
    15x25cm(6x10") Platen: same listed as above
    20x25cm(8x10") Platen: tote & polypropylene bags, childrens/fitted womens/sportswaer
    28x38cm(11x15") Platen: childrens/womens/smaller sized garments (they call this the 'MVP' of their platens)
    38cm(15") Square Platen: Larger childrens/womens/adult garments
    15x38cm(6x15") Shoe Platen: for sides of most adult and childrens shoes at the same time
    15x50cm(6x20") Leg & Sleeve Platen: legs & sleeves (obviously)
    Double Leg & Sleeve Platen: double capability of above

(They also offer additional lower platens which generate heat from the bottom up which interests me as they say it majorly reduces risk of scorching and dye migration- so of all the possible additions these are the ones from my current thinking that seem worth the extra spend in the future).

Sorry for being so longwinded! Hopefully someone can set me straight and if not, then I've given you the lowdown on the product without having to read it all on the website!)

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.novachrome.co.uk/product...eep-impact-a3/
    http://www.pressmech.co.uk/online/in...oduct/view/1/1
    https://www.hobkirk.co.uk/pressmech-a3-bag-press

Pressmech. British made and built like a tank. Spare parts readily available. Well kept secret - search the forum.
    The nova chrome one is a pressmech but is unbranded and only comes with the one platen.
    If you buy from either of the other stockists or direct it comes with three platens as standard.

The bag press version is identical to a standard t-shirt press but you have an extra few inches of clearance under the platen, which is great for pressing bulky jackets etc.
    The only other platen that is worth bothering with is the polo shirt platen.
    Last edited by Justin; 09-06-2022 at 04:11 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Paul (09-06-2022), Trenzaduck (09-06-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I’ll definitely look into these and search threads about them on here- and the links are very helpful, I appreciate it!