Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2022, 10:08 AM
  2. Opinions
    By leealbi791 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2020, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2020, 12:45 PM
  4. Opinions Epson 7890 v VJ628
    By MojoImagery in forum Printers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
  5. Epson B1100 opinions
    By theemmanewman in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-09-2010, 05:28 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A3+ Epson - opinions please

Hi everyone, following on from various research and discussions with those more knowledgeable than me (thank you again - you know who you are!!) I have been easily convinced not to close my mind to an Epson over a Sawgrass. I need an A3+ printer and the ideal solution would be an L1800, however stocks of these are a nightmare and getting a new one is looking incredibly unlikely anytime soon. I am adverse to buying a 2nd hand machine because I have had issues with every single 2nd hand printer I have ever bought over the years and I just don't have the knowledge or confidence to take on another printer issue!!

So really, I guess I'm asking for your feedback if you have an Epson A3+ machine and what the quality like as obviously I want to get the best quality machine available. Thanks for reading, all advice welcome

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deputy2404 For This Useful Post:

Justin (01-07-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be honest I would go slightly larger for future proofing yourself and cost certainly won't break bank. We ditched A3+ sublimation printers many years ago as these are really desktop personal use printers and cannot stand the constant workload of sublimation. Thus a refurbished Epson 7800 24" is going to be ideal. You can buy (prob around £1200 ish) or rent (£60 month I think) with excellent service support from company https://www.reprorepairs.co.uk We have two of these both from Repro who give superb telephone support and I've had same day onsite support as well although think I got very lucky. They will come and supply you with refurbished printer, carts full of inktec subli smart inks and roll of paper. They provide empty to full ink cart exchanges but in all honesty you can buy set of good quality refillable carts if you know what you're doing. 85m length of 24" paper from xpres is only about £38 with dsf discount. So basically think bigger and more professional if you want to make a go of your business. Regards, Olly.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

pw66 (03-07-2022), ZoeCF20 (09-11-2022)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Olly, I will definitely check them out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Epson up the supply then go for the bigger model as suggested.
    Problem with the L1800 is all the diy DTF guys are buying them to convert so there is short supply.
    There are some on Amazon at silly money from Europe - nearly £900 with shipping.
    I used to get mine from Alza in the Czech Republic at about £550, but they have now stopped shipping to the UK - the sunlit uplands of Brexit again. Six weeks ago their price had jumped to £750.

What really hurts is that the pre Eco tank version of the L1800 was called the 1500w. The last new one I bought cost £185 delivered.