Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. all over sublimation children’s t-shirt
    By Willk24 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-08-2021, 09:45 AM
  2. 100% polyester vs sublimation t shirt
    By shabby geek in forum Clothing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-12-2020, 03:23 PM
  3. Sublimation t-shirt blanks.
    By twinx05 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-06-2014, 12:56 PM
  4. All Over T Shirt Sublimation Printing
    By Traw in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17-01-2014, 04:53 PM
  5. Vinyl on top of a sublimation t-shirt
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-08-2010, 06:22 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy t-shirt sublimation niggles

Hi,

I have come from printing t-shirts with vinyl to sublimating t-shirt.

The issue I am having is that I do not have a good way to align the design so it is straight on the t-shirt. I can just about make out the design, when it is face down on the t-shirt and I use that to align the sublimation paper. The other issue is that the sublimation paper moves very easily thus make it had to align.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to do this in a smarter way. Note I can’t thread t-shirt onto my heat press so I lay the t-shirt down flat on a table align the best I can and then tape the image with heat tape.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simple answer is to get a press with a threadable platen. Two layers of poly fabric are aleays going to move.

You could try buying a sheet of platen rubber and putting it inside the t-shirt. That will give you a flat stable layer that will be easy to align the image on. Press the whole lot together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion!

One more question: I am using a Stahls Hotronix Auto Open Clam Heat Press. When placing the design I tape it fully to the t-shirt to make sure it does not lift when the press opens (I make sure it opens slow by hand) – I also place a Teflon sheet on top to protect the t-shirt and keep the design from shifting. The issue I am having is that when I remove the paper there is very minor ghosting on the top edge. Will leaving everything in place to cool prevent this?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case buy the Counter Caddie for the press It will raise it up and make it threadable. About £150 from MDP Supplies. You will then probably not need tape.

You really want to get the transfer away as quickly as possible. the image will continue sublimating until the temperature drops.
    If you have problems with ghosting - due to the fabric contracting - use sticky sublimation paper.34753-2__01643.1617228274.jpg