Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-10-2023, 01:50 PM
  2. New to the group and wanting to set up.
    By JAS0N in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2019, 01:36 PM
  3. Cameo high volume order?
    By omar78 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 06:56 PM
  4. Anyone wanting stickers?
    By Stitch Up in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We sold our F6300 printer last year. Superb machine and incredibly cheap to run, paper and ink etc. If you get one make sure you go for the denser blank (HDK I think it was) If you source used you'll also need a licence for the Epson software which can run over £1k so just beware of that.

Print quality was never on par with the smaller photo printers but it's not designed to be. We got samples from local suppliers of sublimation prints before buying as we considered new, these were diabolical to say the least and gave no indication of the expected quality.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    We sold our F6300 printer last year. Superb machine and incredibly cheap to run, paper and ink etc. If you get one make sure you go for the denser blank (HDK I think it was) If you source used you'll also need a licence for the Epson software which can run over £1k so just beware of that.

Print quality was never on par with the smaller photo printers but it's not designed to be. We got samples from local suppliers of sublimation prints before buying as we considered new, these were diabolical to say the least and gave no indication of the expected quality.
    If you sold your F6300, can I ask what you use instead?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Would you be investing a Graphtec so that you can print registration marks and then perf cut? Am I on the right lines?

I am going to give Repro a call today and see what they have available and take it from there

Looking at the SC-F6300 I could definitely get good use out of it as we will be printing some pieces which are 50cm wide so could side by side to fill the space on prints

Thanks for the info
    Yes. We largely print mugs so the idea would be to print the mugs with registration marks and have the graphtec perf cut them so we can automate as much of the process as possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We were using it with our rotary press which we also sold. We just use A4 & A3 Epsons now as we're just doing smaller items as it isn't our main business. We used the F6300 for cushions.

We had 2 Sawgrass VJ628 25" machines before this. I am certainly not a supporter of Sawgrass products and wouldn't usually recommend them but these printers were superb. Fast and excellent print quality. Inks weren't too bad value by normal SG standards but still not that cheap.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    Yes. We largely print mugs so the idea would be to print the mugs with registration marks and have the graphtec perf cut them so we can automate as much of the process as possible.
    I know someone who has a very nice Graphtec cutter for sale lol.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I know someone who has a very nice Graphtec cutter for sale lol.
    Shoot me a pm hehe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazfocus View Post
    What would the alternative option be to a graphtec? I noticed these UKCutters have optical eyes on and are cheap, will be stepper motors but for the price to get going and if just cutting basic shape over and over I thought could be an option. I am an avid believe in buy cheap buy twice though, and I can't find anything review wise about them on the world wide web

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    What would the alternative option be to a graphtec? I noticed these UKCutters have optical eyes on and are cheap, will be stepper motors but for the price to get going and if just cutting basic shape over and over I thought could be an option. I am an avid believe in buy cheap buy twice though, and I can't find anything review wise about them on the world wide web
    Depends which UKCutter model you go for.

My first ‘proper’ vinyl cutter was the UKCutter Smurf. I only ever used it for vinyl and not for anything print and cut but it was ok for the price. The main board died within a couple of days but Signzworld sent a replacement board no questions and that one worked for the two years I had it until I sold it.

The problem you might have is that the cheap vinyl cutters don’t tend to perf cut so whatever you look at, make sure it can perf cut.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Justin mentioned he had two VJ628 printers. I bought one of them but I'm now selling it myself, if you're interested. I've bought a F6300 and so this is surplus to requirements.

Regards
    Gary

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garysub View Post
    Hi

Justin mentioned he had two VJ628 printers. I bought one of them but I'm now selling it myself, if you're interested. I've bought a F6300 and so this is surplus to requirements.

Regards
    Gary
    What do you think of the F6300? What do you print with it out if interest?

Might be interested in the VJ628 depending on price.