Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. anyone suggest a good transfer paper (for Ts and the like?)
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
  2. inks for heat transfer paper
    By plugy in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
  3. Needing a good transfer paper
    By daxus in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 11:02 AM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Alternatives to Jet-Pro SofStretch Heat Transfer Paper

Hi everyone,

I've been using sofstretch for years to print on to cotton tote bags but it's seems fairly impossible to get in any decent quantities at the moment. Can anyone suggest some other brands / suppliers I could try please?

I've always used the sofstretch because it doesn't feel like a transfer when printed and it washes amazingly, so I'm looking for something with similar quantities.

Thanks in advance :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My thought - I think you might want to look at sublimation onto polyester bags. We used cotton bags and sofstretch for years but in reality the colours are really difficult to get right, it was a different process to everything else we did and I didn't like the fact it was a transfer that did indeed peel off after washing / use. Having moved over to 100% polyester tote bags which look great and feel so soft then we have had so many repeat orders. So perhaps look up vienna tote bags (e.g. Neil Brothers) and maybe time to move away from transfers onto sublimation.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for replying :) I will have a look at the sublimation process and the bags you've mentioned, however, although I'm not an eco brand as such, I do make sure all of my packaging is as plastic free as possible so I'm not sure how I feel about printing on to polyester instead of cotton.

Colours aren't an issue for me - I'm printing my own designs on to the bags and there's a limited amount of designs. When the designs are first created I do test prints and tweak the colours until I get ones I'm happy with, so as long as the colours print consistently it's fine.

I've ordered a couple of alternative transfer papers to try - the first lot arrived today - I haven't printed them on to a bag yet but I don't have high hopes that they'll match Sofstretch :(