Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Stock Designs Vs Customer designs
    By Coops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-03-2017, 04:41 PM
  2. Unique Hoodie Template
    By Jason in forum Clothing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-02-2015, 10:45 PM
  3. Intelligence Corps Design favour?
    By logodigitizing in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 02:21 PM
  4. FOTL UNIQUE where to buy?
    By Paul in forum Clothing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
  5. unique
    By unique in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any IP, copyright or trademark implications? I am thinking both in terms of peoples images being sampled and of the owner of the app laying claim to anything produced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Any IP, copyright or trademark implications? I am thinking both in terms of peoples images being sampled and of the owner of the app laying claim to anything produced.
    I doubt it. Even Google themselves use publicly available image datasets to train their AI Neural Networks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well I've used up all my free credits on MidJourney. Some very strange and way out there results I have to say!

Am I best to pay the $10 per month to carry on playing with it?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Well I've used up all my free credits on MidJourney. Some very strange and way out there results I have to say!

Am I best to pay the $10 per month to carry on playing with it?
    I've been tempted to pay the $10 .................. it's sooooo addictive! However, I may hang fire until DALLE-2 becomes available, or until one of the open source programs hit's the streets.

In the meantime, some of you may find this informative ...

OpenAI Says It's Fine to Sell Images Made With DALL-E 2

Customers are apparently already using it for movie storyboards and illustrated children's books.

https://futurism.com/openai-sell-images-dall-e

5. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (03-08-2022)

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It looks interesting but does throw up a couple of immediate questions...

If I am right, could I input search terms such as "JUSTIN RIDING A UNICORN" and it will generate the world famous Justin on a Unicorn, or I am just not getting how the searches work? Obviously with the world of deep fakes I am thinking it could potentially throw up a big legal battle, and the arguement "everyone is doing it" just doesn;t work in court.

Secoindly, I note that it "suggests" (presumably because it is sort of a lawless area), that you should make it very clear that these are AI generated images. Would that mean if you were using these in a commercial setting that you would be best to put an imprint on the item in much the same was as a COPYRIGHT (and no, the irony is not lost )
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One other question...

Who would own the copyright of any image generated and would it be possible to copy the image by generating another search?

If an image is genreated that subsequently becomes a huge International success and big money kicks in then it would need to be water tight who owns the image. Likewise would there be a way of copyrighting that image so that no one else could use it (even if they generated a new seach). For the second part to that question it might be that it is simply not possible to get the same image twice (or at least very unlikely) but these are quite serious questions.

It OK when its a small bedroom outfit, but the bigger it gets the more secure everything has to be.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

pw66 (04-08-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    If I am right, could I input search terms such as "JUSTIN RIDING A UNICORN" and it will generate the world famous Justin on a Unicorn,
    I would be happy to supply the original images of this if required ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    From what I have read (and I am very new to this) if tyou use the Standard plans any images can be taken by anywaone else and used/changed etc. There is a Commercial plan which includes private work area and I think this would give you more protection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some good points being raised here and it's not only you Justin who can admit to being new to the subject. This stuff is new to virtually everyone who isn't part of the development teams, ao we're all looking for answers.

The way I look at it is this ...

If I was to create (using traditional methods: sketching, painting, etc) artwork that was unique to me, how would I protect my work? We have all probably come up against this issue at some time and many of us have had our work copied and there seems to be little recourse when that happens. Since the AI images cannot easily be replicated by someone applying the same text prompt then any image produced by you is unique to you and you would then have to protect the image using the methods that have previously existed.

To prove an image is 'yours' simply requires you to possess the original. Each AI-generated image is unique so only you can possibly possess the original. AI doesn't copy other people's images, it simply uses them to learn what a dog, cat, or intergalactic superhero looks like then forms it's own image from it's 'understanding' of what these objects are. As for creating an image 'in the style of' another artist, well, Photoshop already allows this within it's Neural Filters section and Adobe hasn't been brought to task over this yet.

Anyway, that's just my take on it, and I still think it's early days yet. Believe me, there are big discussions going on in the field and on user forums at the moment over these very issues, so we'll just have to wait and see what transpires.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 04-08-2022 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typos

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Justin (04-08-2022), socialgiraffe (04-08-2022), wendyh (05-08-2022)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well I'm $30 in lol. Can't find the DSF discount code anywhere.....