Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mugs - Current options
    By Baldy in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2022, 09:47 AM
  2. whats the current best A3+ dye sub printer?
    By logobear in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2021, 06:32 PM
  3. Websites current options?
    By JMugs in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2018, 08:22 AM
  4. Roland Versaworks /Roland Library Swatches
    By Focus1 in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2017, 07:36 PM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    you are right. there is almost no point buying NAY print and cut machine if you thinking "Production". .
    You are probably right.
    My Mimaki CJV150 prints a lot quicker than a BN20, but the cutting is still massively slower than my Graphtec. It takes about 2 mins to switch from print to cut, and the time taken to pick the registration marks takes forever. The more sets of registration marks the longer it takes.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My cutting unit is attached to the print head and does not separate.
    Maybe a different variant ??
    Either way its slow cutting.
    It could be that the BN20 head and cutting unit do not seperate. I was assuming they did as they do on the wider formats.

you are right. there is almost no point buying NAY print and cut machine if you thinking "Production".
    It really depends on what you want the machine for and what your business is. Roland and Mimaki sell these machines worldwide by the thousands. Most of them are in a production environment.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post

It really depends on what you want the machine for and what your business is. Roland and Mimaki sell these machines worldwide by the thousands. Most of them are in a production environment.

I wouldn't be without mine, but you have to get the workflow right. If you have a mornings production run ready to go they are great - press 'start' and forget. If you are reacting to small jobs as they come in, or to a customer who wants a dozen breast logos at short notice they can be time consuming. I seem to spend a lot of time looking at the 'please wait' message on the control panel.

I am probably spoilt by how quick an easy it is to bang a roll of HTV into the Graphtec.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    You are probably right.
    My Mimaki CJV150 prints a lot quicker than a BN20, but the cutting is still massively slower than my Graphtec. It takes about 2 mins to switch from print to cut, and the time taken to pick the registration marks takes forever. The more sets of registration marks the longer it takes.
    Yeah. If you need to laminate then this mean you need to take the media out, laminate and put it back again. so you may as well put it in to faster dedicated machine. And leave your printer to do printing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG