Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. black print on paper turns out Yellow/greenish after heat press!
    By Bispham in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-07-2017, 12:45 PM
  2. Epson 1500W problem - Yellow is missing from nozzle check
    By IlonaV in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-01-2017, 06:25 PM
  3. Yellow discolouration around print after pressed! help appreciated..
    By fluffyflumprach in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-05-2016, 05:40 PM
  4. Mug print problem
    By nigelt in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 12:12 AM
  5. Ricoh 5050n Yellow Cast Problem
    By John G in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 01:26 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow Fringe on Print Problem

Hi. I'm using a Sawgrass SG400 to print a black image onto sublimation paper (same outcome on regular paper) and am getting a yellow fringe (see picture). I'm printing from Photoshop if that makes a difference. Interestingly the fringe is only on one side of the print?

I've run a head clean and the nozzle check is perfect.

Can anyone shed some light on how I might go about fixing this issue or what to try next?

Thanks.

p.s. the fringing is not in the original image and I switched anti-alias off when exporting the image so there's no half tones or greys, only black pixels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this years ago on mugs, however I don't see how it's related, but you never know!
    It turned out that the ink was migrating in the coating. When I changed to a different mug the problem stopped. A bit like use paper in school during chemistry to separate things out.

It almost looks as though that is happening here with the grain of the paper. However getting it on plain paper as well rules that idea out.

So stumped.
    Janners

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think that might be an error on the coding strip of the printer. Try giving that a very gentle wipe with a lint free cloth
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help so far. I've cleaned the encoder strip (almost no dirt on the cloth) but it's still doing the same unfortunatly. I've printed out different colour squares. Hardly any yellow creeping out on the blues and reds but very noticible on greens and blacks. Always more on the right hand side than the left.

I'm wondering if it's the print head as I've had the printer about 4 years although it's not had a hard life. Perhaps it's time to try an Epson Ecotank ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Before changing the print head I would try different settings and different paper just to see if that makes it any better/worse/same.

You need to identfy the exact problem before being able to solve it so you need to remove the contriubuting factors.

Start by simply changing the paper as JMUGS has had this exact problem

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What exactly are we looking at here? Is the picture you posted of the print on paper, or of the print after preessing? It's very important to know which you are talking about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The picture is the paper before pressing. It prints the same yellow fringe on the right hand side of the graphic on sublimation and regular copier paper so I assume it's not the paper. It's far more noticible on black and green colours than say reds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It prints the same yellow fringe on the right hand side of the graphic on sublimation and regular copier paper so I assume it's not the paper.
    That is a fair assumption, so now try printing with different settings.

As a work around if you have something urgent, try rotating the image (if possible) and see if that makes a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is the black in your image 'pure' black, or does it have traces of other colours in it? Maybe your print head is out of alignment. Do an alignment check and see if that makes any difference.

I have a Ricoh SG3110DN which is, to all intents and purposes, the same as a Sawgrass SG400, and will be willing to do a test print on my printer if you can upload your file.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 11-08-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been testing with a different file which I've added below. I've also cleaned the capping station and print head but it's not made any difference,. Also I've found that if I print in b&w mode that there are a couple of white lines through the print as if one or two of the black nozzles aren't firing which leads me to believe it could be the print head. These lines don't show up when black is made up with cmyk.

In the end I decided to order a new printer as I've got some orders to get out. I went for an Epson WF-C5210DW as I wanted a printer which was front loading as it sits on a shelf under my workbench.
    I'll re-print my test file on the new printer when it arrives and upload the results to this thread. Hopefully there'll be no yellow fringe.
    Attached Images Attached Images