Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 3d heat question
    By emtp1839 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 03:03 PM
  2. Jet Pro Question
    By pieces in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 04:14 PM
  3. What causes this, and another question....HELP!
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 05:16 PM
  4. CISS Question
    By Starfront in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I ask this question?

Right I've bought all the gear and I bought all the stock I think I should offer the customers.

And that is:

Mugs
    cushions
    Tote bags
    30 piece puzzles
    Mouse mats
    Coasters
    T shirts
    Fridge magnets.

Can I ask... what is the average retail price for each of the products listed?

I'm not looking to undercut anyone here or tread on anyone's toes, it's just there is not anywhere for me to go and have a look at what the competition is charging.

I can have a look online but that is not my target. I trade out of a shopping centre in Kent and offer free photography, which is taken with studio lighting and a semi-pro camera (Nikon D300) so the results are of a professional quality.

And I offer an hour turn around on the canvases I already do and will offer the same on the above products.

I'm not so sure where to start with my prices.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what i charge in Romford, but an extra £2.99 for the hour service

Mugs £10.00
    cushions £20.00
    Tote bags £8.99
    30 piece puzzles £20.00
    Mouse mats £10.00
    Coasters £4.99
    T shirts £12.99
    Fridge magnets. £4.99

but each market place has it`s own pricing structure

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of members have websites on here mate that you could have a look at what's they charge.

However, what's good for one may not be good for another and a lot depends on the market, location and niche. You've already said that you can put 'professional photos' onto products that you should note this is a very important factor so don't undersell yourself!

Offer packs, placemat sets of 4, mugs in sets of 6 etc that are ideal for the customer to purchase as gifts.

I reckon your prices should be more than the average price as what you are putting on the mug is a unique photo that cannot be taken by joe average.

Hope this helps?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that what makes you different is that you take the professional photo, while others just produce the product from supplied photos. Perhaps you should be gearing your business around that. Charge for the professional photo (whatever price fits the market), and then let the customer choose the product for free. I would imagine that you could easily charge more for the photography than for the product.

Some of my orders come from photographers who sell the end product to their customer and the prices they charge are about four times the price I charge, because they're selling the unique aspect of the photo rather than the product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see what you are saying but I don't have a studio, I have a promotional stand in the walkway of the centre it's about 10ft x 19ft. I can't charge what a studio can charge and I want to make the products affordable, I also put their own images on the current products to. for instance I sell a 10" x 10" canvas for £30 and I don't charge the for the photography, I feel the free photography is the key to being unique, it's my USP.

I don't really want to have two different price lists either.

I want to carry that on to the dye sub products and you know what customers are like...that's only £££ down the town!

We are in hard times at the moment and I want people to feel they are getting a great product at a fair price. I'm not too sure what a fair price is at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also do items for local photographers & you'd be amazed at how often people bring in their own photos wanting them on a mug or another item. There is no way they are going to turn those jobs down as at the ned of the day it is still all profit to them. They all explain to the customer that the quality will not be the same as their photographs & as yet not one customer has complained.

On the upside it is always amazing how many come back for more items using a photograph that was taken quite a few months back. I think you could do well with this venture but, always remember people usually are willing to pay a premium price for a personlised product.

Ian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Its shame you killing photography industry :( Some people think that they got posh camera with masive lens so they can take profesional photographs. And you do them for free!!! tell me please. are you giving thoose pictures on disk for free as well? or just print them on blanks then throug them away???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say "I am killing the photography industry", it's people charging too much for a product that cost very little to produce that is. I think I am offering an affordable service that the average Joe blogs can afford. Most people don't have "studio" money but I also lose allot of business from not having a studio as people do not want to sit in full view and have a photograph taken, but allot of people with small children do. And that's where I come in.

No I don't give them the disc for free I charge for it, or that would be bad business and I also keep all the images for return work.

And I don't need a big lens to do the job either as I dont have the space for or money for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you are killing the photography industry either. You are just creating a USP for yourself. Like you say, you are not offering a studio session, just a quick couple of shots in a shopping centre. As long as you have a decent eye for the shot you will make people happy. I think it is a good way for you to pick up extra business. There are people that pass by companies that sell these items thinking their kid would look great on a mug etc but don't have the pictures with them. You solve the problem and in so add toyour potential client base.

As for pricing, I would keep 1 price out of ease. I doubt you spend to much time on a range of photos, just a few decent shots. If people bring in a photo or other alternative of image there is work scanning in etc and can be more time consuming in making the image useable. Taking the shot yourself can might not always take longer. If it is an add on to something that is already working then try the pricing mentioned above. Keeping the price sensible can mean an easy upsell, they call in for a canvas and add a mug for an extra tenner. There are always promotions you can offer, buy 3 items and get cheapest free etc. Just get out there and see what works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would be adding on a good 20% for the fact that you offer the here and now - thats got to be worth something, grandma visiting for the weekend, will have something to take home with her, etc

you do seem to have some idea of prices, from your later replies, so perhaps you would share back to the forum to help others what you charge for your image disc
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.