Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. website
    By chris_hosk in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15-04-2013, 03:58 PM
  2. weebly website
    By steve 1 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24-01-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. New Website - Off the Shelf?
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 08:38 AM
  4. New Website - Buy or DIY?
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM
  5. BMS Website
    By bms in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the site Matthew and yes like everyone else it is slow
    but then again so is Martin's

ask your host what the spec or your hosting is, they should be able to up the speed for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alligiftor View Post
    Hi
    We've never had complaint from a customer yet about the speed i'm just trying to look in to why it's slow.
    Do you know if this is because customers just go elsewhere? I just counted 25 while the page showed nothing. If it wasn't your site and if I wasn't intent on looking at it, I'd have clicked away after 5 seconds. Once you've clicked away, there's no way to tell you that it's too slow.

The images are certainly a lot better than they were, with just two "banner.gif" images that are a bit weighty. They wouldn't cause this kind of delay on their own. Normally a web-page will start to load, even if it hasn't fully downloaded - unless there's a script that's designed to delay the display of the page until it's all ready to "pop" onto the screen. Is that the case here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know if this is because customers just go elsewhere?
    We have a few thousand registered customers and not one has complained, In march we has 126 register so it must not put that many people off.

Normally a web-page will start to load, even if it hasn't fully downloaded - unless there's a script that's designed to delay the display of the page until it's all ready to "pop" onto the screen. Is that the case here?
    I'm not sure about the script.
    Matthew
    Someone knocked over my recycle bin... there are icons all over my desktop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we use a domain forwarding from the company we bought .co.uk from to the company we have .com with and hosting.

try typing www.alligiftor.com rather than the forwarding as i've just spoke to hosting company on live chat and she said it loaded on her computer is 2-3 secs
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even the .com loaded slow for me mate :(
    but not as bad as the .co.uk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitch6 View Post
    even the .com loaded slow for me mate :(
    but not as bad as the .co.uk
    Cheers mate, think i'm gonna have to find new hosting company.
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we use a domain forwarding from the company we bought .co.uk from to the company we have .com with and hosting.

try typing www.alligiftor.com rather than the forwarding as i've just spoke to hosting company on live chat and she said it loaded on her computer is 2-3 secs
    That took a count of 10-12. I then tried the .co.uk again and counted the same, so I don't think it's the forwarding that's the issue.

I've done a couple of other tests, including a couple of tracerts. Your .co.uk domain reaches the forwarder in no time at all (within reason, anyway), so there's nothing wrong with that. However, the .com domain keeps timing out - and this could well be what's leading to the delays now.

Did you know that your website is hosted in Denmark? I should have noticed that sooner as I have Flagfox installed, but I didn't. The tracert is timing out after it reaches IP address 83.221.128.4 - which is in Denmark - so that looks like your bottleneck. Of course it won't affect your host, because they're already in Denmark!

If your primary customers are in the UK, you would be best served to have your site hosted in the UK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great bright site but I havent even got onto a second page as the wait is painful. We are only on 1.5mb broadband. People are impatient and wont stop. Hope you get it sorted as it looks the biz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    That took a count of 10-12. I then tried the .co.uk again and counted the same, so I don't think it's the forwarding that's the issue.

I've done a couple of other tests, including a couple of tracerts. Your .co.uk domain reaches the forwarder in no time at all (within reason, anyway), so there's nothing wrong with that. However, the .com domain keeps timing out - and this could well be what's leading to the delays now.

Did you know that your website is hosted in Denmark? I should have noticed that sooner as I have Flagfox installed, but I didn't. The tracert is timing out after it reaches IP address 83.221.128.4 - which is in Denmark - so that looks like your bottleneck. Of course it won't affect your host, because they're already in Denmark!

If your primary customers are in the UK, you would be best served to have your site hosted in the UK.
    Thanks, I'm gonna look in to new hosting soon, just got a lot on at moment with move and everything lol
    Matthew

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'm gonna look in to new hosting soon, just got a lot on at moment with move and everything lol
    Your easiest option might be to go to the company that you registered your .co.uk domain with and buy some of their hosting. I think they're in the UK, aren't they? Then you could copy your .com site straight into the new .co.uk hosting.

You can then deal with the forwarding/transfer for the .com domain at a later stage, when you have the time.

It wouldn't immediately solve the .com delay, but the .co.uk should work much quicker right away.

That's what I'd be tempted to do.