Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. How has your business changed?
    By windyash in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-11-2014, 09:58 PM
  2. Changed a few things on my website
    By Mattie in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-02-2014, 11:23 AM
  3. RN and Orca coatings
    By Maggie in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
  4. ebay layout changed
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 06:05 PM
  5. Corel Draw help - ive changed something lol
    By mrs maggot in forum Software
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Orca Coatings changed?

I've used Orca-coated dishwasher safe mugs for some time now and I've read many people rate them highly as a dishwasher-safe product.

Now I read on the Listawood website that they are not dishwasher safe. They state -

As with all mugs with a similar coating [...] recommended for hand washing only. If dishwasher durability is essential please opt for the Duraglaze mug.
    Previously they stated that they were dishwasher safe, but not for as many washes as Listawood's own proprietary "Duraglaze" coating. Now it seems that they're saying Orca coating is not dishwasher safe at all and should only be washed by hand.

Re: http://www.listawoodtradesupplies.co....php?id=PM1008

Has Orca coating changed, or is this just a desperate & devious marketing ploy designed to undermine all those who supply and use Orca-coated mugs?

Is there some way to contact the manufacturer of Orca Coatings so that clarification can be sought?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to TMT website the orca coating is dishwasher safe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what Revolution's website says, also, but when I emailed them about Listawood's previous claim of only 70 washes in a dishwasher, they didn't come back to me.

It's hard to know who's right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's political and Listawood are being a bit cheeky. They have the coating put on a cheaper mug as you can largely pick any grade you want for coatings. They used to call that mug the "Budget Mug" until a month or so ago but renamed it. It's basically an attempt to downgrade the Orca coating to draw a distinction between that and the Duraglaze.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they're effectively lying? Pity there isn't some "Orca" HQ that we could alert - seeing that Listawood is apparently besmirching a rival product just to make theirs look good. Must be doing some damage in lost sales to Orca products.

I wonder what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot and someone else claimed that "Duraglaze" was only good for hand-washing?

I'm just trying to figure out who to buy my next batch of mugs from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you are confident with the coating and mug it doesn't really matter what brand it is. Most customers wouldn't have a clue that there is a coating on a mug. All they want to know is if it will print well and last in a dishwasher. The Orca coating has been used on mugs for quite a while but only recently have they had a push on trying to brand it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem will come because Orca coated mugs are stamped on the bottom. One quick Google for the name on the base will turn up Listawood's page saying that they're not dishwasher safe. How soon before we start getting comeback? Without proof to the contrary, it's just our word against Listawood's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seem to be manufactured by Lopo Technology Ltd. Found the following via Google:
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/34...oated_mug.html
    You'll see under the heading "Quick Details" that it says "Yes" for dishwashers; then in the "Specifications" section it states, "Safe with Dishwasher & Microwave oven". There are also loads of "related products" advertised at the bottom of the page which are also advertised as being Dishwasher Safe.

They do cover their own backs by saying "...the protective film can also loose its lustre if washed too frequently in harsh dishwasher cycles" but that (to my mind) seems to imply the shininess/gloss of the mug can be abraded if treated wrongly, rather than that the image will be affected.

Surely Listawood are contravening Trading Standards by making a false claim? There's sure to be some form of "anti-libel"-type legislation that stops a company advertising someone else's products with false/damaging info. Not sure how you'd go about finding out though!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Listawood are contravening Trading Standards by making a false claim? There's sure to be some form of "anti-libel"-type legislation that stops a company advertising someone else's products with false/damaging info. Not sure how you'd go about finding out though!
    If you call Listawood and listen to their 'hold music' they say they are the only company to sell dishwasher safe mugs. I know for a fact this isn't true.

I always thought 'duraglaze' was the name Listawood gave to the RN coating.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    They seem to be manufactured by Lopo Technology Ltd. Found the following via Google:
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/34...oated_mug.html
    You'll see under the heading "Quick Details" that it says "Yes" for dishwashers; then in the "Specifications" section it states, "Safe with Dishwasher & Microwave oven". There are also loads of "related products" advertised at the bottom of the page which are also advertised as being Dishwasher Safe.
    Thanks for finding that. I've gone through the links to find the Lopo website (at http://www.lopo-tech.com), but I can't find anything on their site that mentions Orca coatings. I'm wondering if the mugs come from Lopo but that alibaba decide on the coating. Not sure if Lopo have much to do with manufacturing/designing the coating. I'll keep clicking until I find something.