Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. printer i can use for printable flex??
    By india in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
  2. Printable Flex (Finally Used It)
    By Kahboose in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 08:18 PM
  3. where can i get printable notepads?
    By soulclaimed in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-11-2012, 07:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-02-2011, 08:39 PM
  5. Printable Flex - anyone used it?
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printable Flex - has anyone used it?

Hi all,

I have a couple of sheets of printable flex sat here that I added to my order to test, this is the stuff:

http://www.printerowners.co.uk/garme...table-flex.htm

I took it out if the packet and then thought - how do you print on it as it has a clear carrier sheet on one side to allow you to cut it ................. so if I printed on the other side and then cut it out the print would be pressed against the garment.

or do you, print and cut the image - the peel it off the carrier sheet and press it onto the garment like a transfer? (if so what's the point of the carrier sheet?).

Any advise greatly appreciated.

I phoned BMS but Martin (the font of all knowledge) was away - I was going to PM him but I know he is a busy man so maybe someone else may be able to help??
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes you print as the same way as you do with transfer, and yes you peel off the backing and then press

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Nash - I thought that was the only possible solution, unless I was missing something (which wouldn't be hard as it's been a hard day!).

thank you mate

Adam
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Interested to see how you get on with this. I used to produce individual transfers using print and cut vinyl but was lucky enough to have access to a large format solvent printer back then. I wondered if something like this may be a good option for now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How washable is this please. How sharp is the image print.? Would be interested

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too :)
    and knowing Adam if he says it's good, it's good :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have to print it yet guys but I will keep you posted. It's funny but pigment ink is reccommended for this so I remebered I had an old epson 1290 A3 printer that was stuck upstairs in a box. It had been in a box for about, well over 3 years, so I got it out - took the cardridges out (which still had ink in them!) and ran some cleaning fluid through it and it printed perfect after a couple of clean cycles! I got the pigment ink the other day and it's ready to go - I just need to print something now and test-wash it ................. I will keep you all posted :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    c'mon man! do it! :) i am interested now :D so u say normal inkjet is ok yes??? is this glosy or matt??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    c'mon man! do it! :) i am interested now :D so u say normal inkjet is ok yes??? is this glosy or matt??
    Too busy with other things at the moment Paul - maybe tomorrow. Normal inkjet if using 'durabrite' inks because they are/like pigment ink - if you use a third party ink (cheap cartridges/ink) the likelihood is that it'll be dye ink which can run and have a fuzzy image ........................ I say this only from the things I've readd, not from experience.

:-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to use the dura rite inks for this otherwise you'll get a fuzzy non wash safe result. The effect is matt but full colour on material that is slightly thicker than TMT OBM material. Print, cut, peal and press.

Washability is up to 80 degrees but 60 degrees is about as high as we'd recommend and probably hotter than most people wash these days. Image should stay so long as you don't use bleach etc.