Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. GXe3300n New black ink - Telling me its empty??
    By Traynor26 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-04-2012, 08:57 PM
  2. trade shows
    By colglyn in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-03-2012, 02:25 PM
  3. Empty Ricoh GXe3300n Carts
    By Bob700 in forum Printers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-11-2011, 01:27 PM
  4. Invoices at Shows etc
    By John G in forum Events & Shows
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 31-07-2011, 01:28 PM
  5. empty cart in ricoh 3300
    By mugstar in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this empty forum mean no-one does shows?

Quote Originally Posted by JNMann
    Very impressive stuff! I like how the car slipped into the picture as well John!

Justin :-)
    Had to tow the trailer with something Justin :lol:

This was a classic car show on our doorstep and, it was our first and last show. Our last because we haven't had a great deal of time.

We're pretty well equipped but when we did a 'dry run' outside the house, we discovered the generator wasn't up to powering all the equipment! We had the following with us:

Embroidery machine
    Computer and laptop
    BIG heatpress and compressor
    Graphtec cutter
    Mug machine

and a few other bits an pieces!

The generator we had was 2.5Kva and it struggled

so we purchased a BIG 6.5Kva 13HP one. It didn't miss a beat

The reason I took the Atom was a plan I had to sell mugs by taking pics of kids and dads and sometimes mums, sitting in the car and sticking them on the mugs.

The day went very well for us and we picked up orders afterwards too BUT, as I said, we learned a lot.

1 Arrive in plenty of time to set up.
    2. Rehearse
    3. Make sure the products you produce happen as fast as possible - fast printer (the Ricoh GX7000 does this). Personally, I think ink jets are just to slow.
    4. Lots more I'll elaborate on when I have more time :)

We've purchased a 5m x 5m gazebo now.

John

We learned a lot from the day and plan doing more.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John, off topic a bit, but how easy was it to get the license to print the Ford and other car manufacturers stuff? We also did a lot of work for the G4 challenge, but they came to us. I know how difficult it can be when it comes to licenses and what they will and will not allow. The G4 challenge were extremely hot on it and I had to sign to say about using the logos only for their own requested items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good question, is there a central place for licences or do yu approach each company seperatly?
    regards, tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Karen & others

Firstly, our website shouldn't be live and many of the items on there are just samples while I play around with with image sizes, page widths and the like. Unfortunately the osCommerce software I'm using doesn't have a tick box to be offline! However, I've just posted a message on the osCommerce forum about this and discovered there is a 'Site Down for Maintenance' add-on.

We started out doing embroidery only, decals are new for us and we've not sold one yet!

My very first agreement/licence to use a copyright trademark was of course with The Ariel Motor Company and the Atomclub Forum. Because we were new in the busienss and tight on budgets, we were given options:

1. Either we could pay a lump sum up front.
    2. We could pay a Royalty as a percentage of the value of each product we sold bearing the Ariel or Atomclub logos.

We opted for 2 as we had no idea how many orders we'd receive and we had to send samples of our work. It took several months and many more samples to get it just right!

Fortunately for us, the forum is made up of quite a few influential people with good contacts :)

We were then contacted by Morgan Cars via they're forum and started producing products for them with no financial handicap on us :)

So things moved on and now we produce for Gordon Murray the designer of the McLaren F1 and a couple of retired F1 drivers. These guys have their fingers in a lot of pies.

This year we started production for a low volume car manufacturer The Rocket, designed by Gordon Murray and an Ex F1 driver.

Don't get me wrong, this is all low volume stuff and we don't make a fortune by any stretch of the immagination.

We often create designs and produce goods which we then send out to manufacturers & designers in the hope they'll like and allow us to produce for them. We often have an edge over competitors as we can print metallics - gold, silver, copper etc ect. This can bring a logo to life and make it look expensive - it also costs quite a bit more to produce!

So that's about where we are just now.

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was similar for us. Luckily my parents work with Suzuki, doing a lot of their launches, owners club and know a lot of the top people and a lot of the various bike riders (old and new) so our first one was Suzuki. There are only certain ways in which we can use their logo though. We then gained Triumph (cars) through a couple of owners club ( we have an old Triumph and word got around), then the G4 Challenge came to us, followed by some of the Ford clubs and we are hoping to have just gained Honda (bikes rather than cars) and a few others. Some of the riders and racing clubs also use us now. At one point we also had a fair few football clubs on board, producing plaques for their trophies and various other bits (Villa, Man City, Liverpool etc). We have contracts for a lot of the bike clubs. With all of them though we work on a commission basis rather than a pay up front basis, whereby we both earn from it.
    Our business varies through the year - summer is the bikes and cars, then the last show is beginning of December when we change over to mainly personalised Christmas persent type stuff and the club regalia starts again in about February. Because we also supply bike shops etc it does tick over through the year for us luckily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    Took some pics of the stall on my phone today.This is 7am sunday morning. At the mo i only do markets but next year i will hopefully go for some shows. Hope you like it.

There's usually more stuff here such as the mug press, printer and cap press but i have things scaled down for xmas to just the vinyl printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be my ideal. I would give up my career again tomorrow if I could afford the set up for larger shows and markets full time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are those mini-tshirts the sublimation ones or some other template you print off ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by accdave
    Are those mini-tshirts the sublimation ones or some other template you print off ?
    Nope, They are vinyl banners with all the designs printed on them. Took me ages to design and a packet to get printed but well worth it as they look good and are weatherproof

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks a fabulous display Mik and what we'd aspire to. Well done.

I'd dearly love to know more Mik but obviously understand if you prefer not to elaborate.

1. How many people to run the stall?
    2. What products would you expect to produce on site?
    3. What ready made stuff do you take with you?
    4. What's selling for you?

and finally!
    5. Is it financially worthwhile?

Cheers

John

PS I live hundreds of miles from you :)