Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Ceramic types
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-01-2014, 02:21 PM
  2. Types of Vinyl
    By newsgroupmonkey in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-01-2013, 10:27 PM
  3. Different types of Inks.
    By proprints in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:13 PM
  4. Types of paper
    By TonyM in forum Printers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 10:47 AM
  5. Types of ink
    By TonyM in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-02-2010, 02:38 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Different types of mug.

Hi all,

I have finally got myself up and running now I have my Ricoh. I xan hear the cheers and sighs of relief coming up the M6.
    I am doing ok on plaques metala coasters etc, but I am failing a bit on mugs?
    On a normal 11oz mug I do not fair too badly. I get the odd mistake where I have not quite got it straight or it is a bit wishy washy, I have scorched one or two in practice, but am happy to accept it is a learning process and I am getting better.

My problem is other mugs, such as colour change or the black panel mugs.
    Almost all of the panel mugs crack? A few of the colour change ones do too?
    I have tried taking them out a bit earlier, but this just makes for a poor wishy washy mug. I have today had some mugs and they feel a bit thin, like the panel/colour change mugs, I darent try one just yet.
    I have a MAGIC TOUCH TWIN HEAD PRESS (htp 616 TS) I believe it is a good brand ?
    The instructions are just a leaflet really and you are told to set the press to between 5 or 6 and start it. It sounds when it is done. It is practically automatic.
    Works fine with the white mugs but destroys the others. There is a very noticable crack a couple of minites in. I have had 2 completely snap when i take them out.
    There doesnt seem to be any adjustment other than increase or decrease the number on the front?
    The press works with a halogen light bulb. I dont think the power is adjustable? If I decrease the time the mugs dont come out if I keep it at the recommended setting the Mugs break?
    Finally I have a few of the thinner mugs, can I do these on my press? Where can I buy the thinner sleeves and these feel really thin.
    Would it be better to buy a couple of different sizes oven type sleeves for the more delicate mug as I could do those for longer on not such a fierce heat.

Cheers

Tony
    Last edited by TonyM; 12-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony,

Is it one of them presses that you place the mug over the heating element? I've seen them but never known anyone who has one. Where do you get these mugs from is the first question. I've had bases crack in the past on different styles and suppliers of mug.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I never knew that you can use those tmt press for sublimation. you said white mugs are ok. but are they a bit yelow ish??? I mean yelow/burnt :) if so it may mean that is to hot for wow mugs and panel ones. I think best thing is to give TMT a call and ask how to use it with subli mug.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG