Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Yeelow Pages, Yell.com or own Website

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15-12-2011, 08:12 PM
  2. Banners making pages jump up and down
    By draig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-08-2011, 09:57 PM
  3. Internet Explorer 8 - Some Pages Don't Display!
    By Stitch Up in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking - i'll get that printed out and keep it beside the phone, I get those telephone calls all the time and they're a right pain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, glad you like it, i thought i would post it on here - seems to sum the poll up nicely
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul @ Yell View Post
    H
    I would say it is worth keping in mind that the poll will only reach so many people, and those who like to contribute to/surf forums etc (thinking of Yellow Pages in particular).
    Yeah right

1988 ; a fast-talking American 'supervisor' (he said) for Yellow Pages basically 'conned' me into taking an 1/8th page ad in the Glasgow YP... Our trading name was Clydeside Television Productions... And out logo a nicely-drawn inage of the Finnieston Crane; an iconic Glasgow landmark...

He LIED when he told me how much business this listing would bring. He also LIED when he was handed a 5x4 neg of our logo and told me it would have to be re-drawn by one of THEIR graphics people (at a cost!) because of union rules...

£1200 was the total bill (remember this was 1988!) and the logo that appeared in the Glasgow YP that year made the ad a laughing stock - very amateurish - it hung around like a bad smell for years, and must have COST me thousands in lost business... Luckily it only covered half the city!

We monitored enquiry sources carefully - And not a SINGLE caller cited that ad! In fact the only time people raised it with me was in the local pub - to take the P!$$!

- EVERY ****ing year since I've had some slimeball from YP or (latterly) Yell back on the 'phone trying to flog me space in their half-baked, half-a$$ed SHAMBLES of a directory/website... EVERY ****ing year since they've referred to our 'previous successful advertising with Yellow Pages'...

Successful? An ad 23 years ago that actually DAMAGED my business at the time???

IMHO you'd actually be better off buying some magic beans from a giant space-bunny than paying good money to be listed in Yell! - Either that or just take a pile of cash, some lighter fluid and a match...

...And you CAN quote me on that!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the beans Matt - a hell of a lot cheaper than YP