Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Yeelow Pages, Yell.com or own Website

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15-12-2011, 08:12 PM
  2. Banners making pages jump up and down
    By draig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-08-2011, 09:57 PM
  3. Internet Explorer 8 - Some Pages Don't Display!
    By Stitch Up in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - new to the forum but picked up on some of the Yell/Yellow Pages references. Just wanted to give some info on the Yellow Pages/Yell free listing. Anyone who wants one can get one here.

With regards to the book, it is worth bearing in mind that there are stats around about it still being used very often (some here), and that there are big companies in the book who are in there as they are seeing a positive return on their investment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul,
    Thanks for joining in on this thread - tried your link but just leads to a dead or timed out page.

I've had a look at some of the figures quoted by yellow pages (£1 spent on a Yellow pages ad leads to £25 worth of sales) - I still cannot get how they can back these statements up and judging by the poll ran above, the info yellow pages supply seems to be a little flawed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John - thanks for having me.

Apologies - on the homepage of the marketing.yell.com site there is a link to click to claim a free listing (down the right underneath the login box).

I would say it is worth keping in mind that the poll will only reach so many people, and those who like to contribute to/surf forums etc (thinking of Yellow Pages in particular).
    Last edited by Paul @ Yell; 26-04-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like a lot of things, things have moved on. I am sure there is a place for Yellow pages and Yell but I dont think the prices reflect that change. Yell needs to lose the arrogance I have experienced (This is over a 20 year period I am not talking the last few years) They arent the market leader. If the ads were more reasonable a price I would consider. The last time I got a quote the guy wanted me to spend over £3k - for my little business its just not viable.

My opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say it is worth keping in mind that the poll will only reach so many people
    but thats the whole point, he is asking a question on a community website for people in the same business as him which is probably a lot more accurate than figures from industry wide.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and also remember "Statistics - lies, lies and more lies"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the last time the yellow pages came out, the amount I saw in the recycling bags the week after could've saved a small rain forest.

Next one due here in June/July and if I'm quick enough, I'll be giving it back, have no incline to use the book, though I have on occasion, used the website, if I can't find what I'm looking for on google

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes we normally have one of their distribution centres (40ft curtain side lorry) parked up in small car park - all that paper and as you say most destined to the re-cycle bin. we took ours back to the lorry, as did some other locals, and asked if there was a way of coming off the list - but there is not, which seems odd, between a few of us we could save a few 100's of trees, and chemicals
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big thanks to the 10 people who voted - I've declined to advertise in Yellow pages and yell this year. I cannot see the point if nobody actually picks up the book and google is a far better way to get info than yell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, i came up with (at least i belive it to be original from my head)

people want to click not flick

when i turned down advertising in a published directory today - made me laugh and the man at the end of the phone did not know what to say