Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. How to Dye Sublimate Custom Printed Mugs?
    By kashif86 in forum Hints & Tips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-10-2014, 05:10 PM
  2. Wanted 4 x personalised printed mugs
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-10-2013, 09:42 PM
  3. Printed My First Mugs
    By Daveb in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-05-2011, 08:11 PM
  4. Ref - Blotches on printed mugs
    By mysticalvibes in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-04-2010, 02:01 PM
  5. Blotches on Printed Mugs
    By lucozade in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30-04-2010, 12:51 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mugs printed all the way around

Saw some mugs in a local shop today that were (I believe) sublimated mugs. The design went all the way around the mug, under the handle. The handle had obv. been put on afterwards as there were two white circles where the handle met the mug.

It wasn't particularly decent quality and I'm not sure whether I like it all the way around.

Just wondered if anyone else had seen this done and if so how would they get the image all around?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Member Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should have took a pic Justin... although your description paints a very good images... pictures speak a thousand words :-p

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Might even go and buy one to keep as a sample of how not to do it!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a trophy & print shop a few days ago checking out things and the shop owner showed me some mugs he had printed all the way round. Similar to what you saw I think, as there were circular areas where the handle meets the mug that were left blank. From what I could get from him, it's a standard sublimation mug and placed in an oven. Therefore he must have a mug wrap (blanket) that clamps and applies pressure around 360deg of the mug, with gaps to accommodate the handle. Anyone seen such a mug wrap for sale anywhere? I'd like to give it a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can just print the exact size on paper after creating a template ofwhere the holes are and full wrap size. Use heatproof rubber/silicone wrap then with same patter cutout. Securing tight enough is bit of a pain whilst keeping it flat at the handle area. Plenty of tape did the job when I tried a couple of years back. You can even do it to an extent without a wrap and just the paper pulled as tight as possible but you need a decent mug. The image will never be as crisp though as you get with a wrap and proper securing system.