Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

dsf mug for everyone

Hi lot!
    inspired with one of the rescent treads pushed me to make this. (here is the link to this tread)

mrs maggot said few days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    well i still think for a newbie who is printing for the first time, it would help with the "paper looks faded, colours are not right" questions, and also help with the diagnosis of poorly printed mugs, if everyone did something similar like a DSF test mug would help a lot when they posted pics up lol
    so here I am :)
    I googled some color charts and made mug size one for all of us to keep on the shelf :) I think is great idea to have "dsf mug" as like LAura said it would be good indicator for newbies what to expect from colors. on this template you can find loads of grey (very important!) and other colors whitch are very difficult to achive with sublimation as colour gamout is very limited.

so here it is:
    oryginal file ready to print on your mug. is not huge in size as i reduced it to reload it quicker. plenty enough for a mug to see colors.

dsf mug color charst for download:

her is this same test chart but with proof colors ON and gamut warning ON too. so you can see loads of this chart is out of sublimation color gamout (this is my custom made icc soyours may be less or more out)

pic show out of gamout colors

and here is my mug I printed today. i think is worth to show as there is nothing to be a shame of :) (sorry guy for bad pics. they bit on the warm side of colors ;) )

Last edited by Paul; 30-11-2015 at 09:51 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doh! I was expecting a freebie mug in the post ;)

Looks good Paul - good job.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    :D it hink most people can made their own ones but if you realy want i can post you the test mug lol :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that really is extremely useful... Well done Paul. Hopefully this will establish a common reference for disgnostic purposes.

The fleshtone samples on this type of chart (the kids on the edge of it) are especially important... Hard to photograph well, hard to print well... One of the subjects I lecture in is TV lighting and I often have to remind students that if they do encounter a person walking around who actually IS either chalk white or jet black (as they so often are made to appear on screen) they should run like the clappers...

...Said individual must be dead for their skin to go either of those colours and is therefore probabaly a zombie!

Also worth watching the background on those headshots... It shouldn't come out white and often does!

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/tools/ ...The full size test image is avaialble there together with some other useful info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant Paul, just what we need, if every newbie prints this off (2 sheets) one to press, one to keep on the wall so they can see just how pale dye sub printing is on paper ??

thank you
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks Paul - great job!

Have you got the template/image you created at a higher quality please?

Adam
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Many thanks Paul - great job!

Have you got the template/image you created at a higher quality please?

Adam
    Yer :) good work Paul - a hi-res template be great :)
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Paul. You certainly know your stuff on the colour set-ups. If they start cloning on humans I'll order one of you to come and work where we are.

I might start picking your brains a bit on this colour stuff...... like how do you know what is in Gamut or out of Gamut on your set-up?
    Last edited by Paul; 03-05-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Well done Paul. You certainly know your stuff on the colour set-ups. If they start cloning on humans I'll order one of you to come and work where we are.

I might start picking your brains a bit on this colour stuff...... like how do you know what is in Gamut or out of Gamut on your set-up?
    thank you :) but is quite easy :) if you use photoshop. you can see whats in gamut and whats not by proofing the colors on picture and then you can see how will it look like when printed.

btw. sorry guys but i did not knew that somone may ask for better quality and i saved it as it is now :( still plenty enough to see the colors i think ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet again he does it again fantastic. :)
    Ride it like you stole it shiny side up.