Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    paul, can we link it somehow into the printer problems & mug sections with a heading - 1ST MUG - PRINT THIS FIRST or something similar ??
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    thank you :) but is quite easy :) if you use photoshop. you can see whats in gamut and whats not by proofing the colors on picture and then you can see how will it look like when printed.
    Sorry Paul, straight over my head! I have a designer in-house so don't do these things myself much when it comes to PS and profiles etc. How do you check what is in gamut with PS? Don't you need the colormunki thing as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    if you use photoshop. you can see whats in gamut and whats not by proofing the colors on picture and then you can see how will it look like when printed.
    That's a big "if" for those of us who can't afford Photoshop. I've looked around for separate tools to check for out of gamut colours but, so far, I haven't found one.

However, the final print isn't necessarily reliant on whether a colour is out-of-gamut more than how the printer deals with out-of-gamut colours. For that you need to look into rendering intents.

For example, if you use the common "perceptual" rendering intent - all of the colours you print will shift in order to map the out-of-gamut colours to their nearest in-gamut colour in order to maintain the relationship between colours. The colorimetric rendering intents preserve in-gamut colours and either clip or map out-of-gamut colours. This is why the former is better for photos, and the latter is better for designs of few colours (but it does depend on the image you're printing and what colours it contains).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    That's a big "if" for those of us who can't afford Photoshop. I've looked around for separate tools to check for out of gamut colours but, so far, I haven't found one.

However, the final print isn't necessarily reliant on whether a colour is out-of-gamut more than how the printer deals with out-of-gamut colours. For that you need to look into rendering intents.

For example, if you use the common "perceptual" rendering intent - all of the colours you print will shift in order to map the out-of-gamut colours to their nearest in-gamut colour in order to maintain the relationship between colours. The colorimetric rendering intents preserve in-gamut colours and either clip or map out-of-gamut colours. This is why the former is better for photos, and the latter is better for designs of few colours (but it does depend on the image you're printing and what colours it contains).
    Errrm thats right its what he said. ???
    Ride it like you stole it shiny side up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    well. is right what JSR said aall about how printer handling the out of gamut colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Paul,
    what a great idea - please could you send me the file for this mug so that I can create one and put it on my shelf - i have been wondering the best way to show what colours can be achieved etc and this seems a great solution.
    Thank you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for being such a dummy but how do i use this information, i have an epson stylus photo p50 newbie

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just ran this off on my S21...P50 and B1100 Paul :-) P50 and B1100 are matched as they have been profiled recently. Thing that strikes me is the ladies trousers have come out very dark blue almost black on all of my prints. Just wondering how this compared to everyone else's test print?

I get none of the crease detail in the trousers at all.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    try bright the image up for about 10-20% :)

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will try this tomorrow guys and fire up a pic to compare - see what colour reproduction i get.

keep you posted tomorrow !