Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Epson B1100 A3 printer
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-05-2013, 10:47 PM
  2. Sold Epson B1100 A3+ printer with ink
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
  3. Epson b1100 printer problems - please help
    By JOSI74 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:45 PM
  4. Epson B1100 custom profile.
    By bikertec in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 25-02-2011, 12:42 PM
  5. Epson B1100 Stylus Printer - new A3+ printer
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Epson B1100 Printer - new A3+ - first test with custom icc

hi all!
    so... I received my epson B1100 and must say its little beauty :) build well as all epson printers.
    ordered some reffilable carts of ebay and they arrived today.
    I did not wasted much time filled up the carts with my ink and fit it in to printer. it took me 4 attemps to get that orange light off! (empty ink)
    but now everything is fine and ready to print. after my d120 ICC reqest bms and swimwivsquid contact me with some profiles. thanks guys! one of them was ROTECH and other one was artanium. both for epson D120.

so... I printed 2 identical pictures like this one. both pictures printed with diferent profile:

I must say it was not what I espected :( picture is to yellow in my opinion :(

both mugs look like faded in dishwasher. not as juicy colors as I wish to have.
    BUT...! is not to bad ;) artanium ICC printed better mug then Rotech. I think I can get descent prints after some tune up...

I think my new printer can be very descent sublimation printer for under £170 ;)

will post mugs pictures tonight.
    thanx for now

Paul

this is FIRST custom made ICC profil for EPSON B1100. I spent just over £25 for doing it. and now I am happy to share it with you. if there is any one who wish to use this printer and need the profile here it is :)
    Profile is free for all members. if you find it handy please donate couple of quid to our forum :) more info about donation can be found HERE

DOWNLOAD
    :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Epson B1100 Printer - new A3+ printer - first test with custom ICC. update with new picture.

Nice work Paul, great to see new equipment being tested here first!

Any more progress tonight?

It will be interesting to see how it perfoms over time with regards to clogging, cleaning etc.

Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson B1100 Printer - new A3+ printer - first test with custom ICC. update with new picture.

I'll be interested to see pictures of the mugs.

If all you're getting is a yellow bias, it may be possible to turn that down in your printing app. I use Qimage, and it's possible to desaturate specific colours with one of the many options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

some picture here guys! sorry about quality but there is nothing better I can do now. this will give you rough Idea what I mean by "to yellow"

ROTECH ICC PROFILE:

ARTAINIUM ICC PROFILE:

as you can see image graphic on template looks ok but there is no very good quality in shadows when you look on picture.
    hope you can see this diference. artainium ICC produce more vibrant colors.

hope those images will get you idea what new epson on D120 ICC will work like :)

What I am planing to do next is get the custom icc made :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the pictures.

Although improvement is clearly needed, you've demonstrated that the existing profiles aren't a million miles away. With this in mind, it makes me wonder why Sawgrass haven't released a profile for this already.

Surely it can't take them long to drum up a new profile? What's holding them back? Why can't they sell the ink, plus profile, and let us get our own CIS or refillable carts if it's the cartridges that are delaying them?

At this rate, you'll get a working profile, Sawgrass with come down with a ton of legal waffle to stop you, and we'll end up waiting until next Christmas before we can get this printer & system. It's barmy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

At this rate, you'll get a working profile, Sawgrass with come down with a ton of legal waffle to stop you, and we'll end up waiting until next Christmas before we can get this printer & system. It's barmy.
    surely they can not stop me my own color correction r tthey??? so if any one who use artanium icc but tune up some colors do illegal thing??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't have thought that there is any problem with making your own profiles Paul. Its something the printing industry pros have been doing for yonks.They can't stop you...there is a big industry in producing custom profiles for different papers and inks and even the HP range of pro printers comes with a profiling system built in. Good luck with this project I for one am certainly interested.
    Regards Richard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    surely they can not stop me my own color correction r tthey??? so if any one who use artanium icc but tune up some colors do illegal thing??
    I'm sure they wouldn't. My comment was meant to be a humorous acknowledgement of how Sawgrass vehemently protect their patent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the profile is in progress, but the delay in bring this printer to market is the delay in getting the Easyflow system manufactured, tested etc. When I spoke to Sawgrass earlier this month they were suggesting support is around 2 months away. As this printer uses the same printhead as the B40W then the profile for that printer would be a closer match. This is available - problem is that I'm off on hols 'till Jan 11th and can't send the profile but anyone online that has recently bought an Easyflow system should have the profile for the B40W on their CD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update to previous post.

The Epson B1100 should be fully supported by Sawgrass in about a months time (subject to the Chinese New Year slowing down production of the new EasyFlow systems). Any further comments about the "home made" profile and results Paul?