Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suncreens splitting ... ?

I have been getting quite a few splits in sun-screens lately, and I can't put it down to anything in particular?

Once I found the best time, temp and pressure (different suppliers say different things) I stuck with this and 'usually' get a very vibrant image.

But, 2 out of every 3 spilts now around the edges of the sunscreen (see below for image) and I have now had 8 rips so there has to be something wrong somewhere?

SunScreen.jpg

Anyone know why this is happening?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have seen this before, not printed any in ages but from memory there were slight imperfections in the mesh prior to printing.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth pressing blank for these first (save wasting the ink) and if the rip occurs then don't go any further. There might be an imperfection in the material at the edge or some other weak spot there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bms View Post
    Might be worth pressing blank for these first (save wasting the ink) and if the rip occurs then don't go any further. There might be an imperfection in the material at the edge or some other weak spot there.
    I see what you mean Martin - and if this is the case and the rips appear on the pre-press blank, can I return back to you as faulty goods? (bought from BMS) ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    maybe to long in the box on the shelf in warehouse??? it happens with other materials so it may be this same with the mesh. I presume this got nothing to do with tempereature of your press as I dont think you pressing right to the edges??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    maybe to long in the box on the shelf in warehouse??? it happens with other materials so it may be this same with the mesh. I presume this got nothing to do with tempereature of your press as I dont think you pressing right to the edges??
    The template I have (made it myself) is printed on an A3+ piece of paper and sits inside the sunscreen with about an inch all the way around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    I see what you mean Martin - and if this is the case and the rips appear on the pre-press blank, can I return back to you as faulty goods? (bought from BMS) ;-)
    If they are faulty then there's no need to send these back to us. Just let us know (and send some pics) and we will replace these.

maybe to long in the box on the shelf in warehouse???
    Not sure, it might be something with the current box we're going through. We have some new, more robust ones arriving in a couple of months which also hold their shape better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bought 10 managed to get 2 out of them to work without the same split that was a costly sale! ive took them off sale now shame the first ones i bought worked fine :(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    bought 10 managed to get 2 out of them to work without the same split that was a costly sale! ive took them off sale now shame the first ones i bought worked fine :(
    Where did you buy them mate?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got them from bms i think there must be a problem with the batch as the first order i had were no problem and sold well unfortunatly i cant afford a hit like the last one again so ive withdrawn them from sale until i can find an alternative