Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. DTG Update Anajet
    By mrs maggot in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-07-2013, 06:18 PM
  2. New FAQ Section in progress
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-04-2013, 09:05 PM
  3. Cameo Software Update
    By Traynor26 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
  4. Funding the DSF - an update
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-08-2011, 05:41 PM
  5. Modifications Update
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress update!

Hi,
    Received my set up from BMS last week - printer, mug wraps etc, to use with a halogen oven. Thought I would show you my progress.
    After printing a couple of mugs with a colour chart to make sure the profile was about right I jumped straight in to try some full wraps! After a few wasted mugs because of scorched paper and 'wrinkling' on the bottom of the mugs I think I got the settings right and decided to leave a few mm at the bottom to avoid the wrinkling. The attached pictures show some of the mugs I printed - one of them has very slight wrinkling at the bottom - I would have shown you all the mugs I printed but I managed to sell some at a craft fair I did over the weekend - glad I bought the kit, I think it adds something to my range of art and cards.
    Neil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Science meets Art - microscope photographs revealing the beauty of the world around us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always satisfying manage when you have got it right, and it's onwards and upwards. I still can remember feeling very proud of myself it's when it finally came right. that lovely glowing feeling. i am really pleased for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jenny, it felt almost magical when I undid the wraps and found I could actually do it!
    Neil.
    Science meets Art - microscope photographs revealing the beauty of the world around us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Neil ...................... and I suppose the good thing is that no one can say "is this the right colour" - unless they compare it to one of your cards!

Brilliant (and fascinating) stuff there though mate - well done you :)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Neil,
    Images are looking good - i'd have thought, using clamps and an oven, you'd get edge to edge (top n bottom) full wraps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking very nice
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments.
    Adam - even if people do notice a difference in colours, I can always rattle on about ink composition etc (not that I know anything about it!)
    John - I decided that as I wanted a few mm gap at the top then the same at the bottom looked OK. I'm sure with more practice I could do top to bottom, but I think I quite like a small border top and bottom.

Neil.

Edit: forgot to mention, the whole point of starting this thread was to say a big THANK YOU to all the posters whose messages I have mined for details and advice, and which have allowed me to get up and running fairly quickly. Thanks!
    Neil.
    Last edited by SciArtImages; 26-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to see success so early on with your sublimation equipment. I too leave a gap top and bottom but that's down to my press not being strong enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a gap, top and bottom, looks better personally.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELL DONE - pleased for you! It is so satisfying when it all goes right!