Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. mobile phone jigs
    By robbieswan in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-07-2014, 09:43 PM
  2. new mobile phone templates available now.
    By Paul in forum Pauls Photo Mug Templates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 03:44 AM
  3. Mobile phone pouches.
    By SciArtImages in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-01-2013, 10:36 PM
  4. Mobile Phone Blank Templates
    By Bob700 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 11:33 AM
  5. Unlocking a mobile phone
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile Phone Contract with UNLIMITED Data

My mobile phone contract just ended with Vodafone and I was getting the usual sales phone calls from them. So I thought I'd do a bit of research.

Looking at all the different phones available I decided to go for the Smasung Galaxy 2S. It seemed to be the most full featured phone currently available and being a bit of a gadget freak it ticked all the boxes :D

So, having decided on the phone, I now started looking for the best contract to suit me. I've always been a big internet user and often got the cautionary text from Vodafone warning me that I was about to exceed my data limit 500Mb per month.

Now I'm sure we've all heard of the word UNLIMITED in the sales blurb of phone sellers but the small print, very descretely placed in the corner stating 'subject to fair play usage! In other words, UNLIMITED didn't mean UNLIMITED!

So then I see an ad by Three Mobile - All You Can Eat Data. Rather than go straight to the shop, I logged into an independent Three forum and quizzed the AYCE claim. Yup, it really is UNLIMITED - 1Gig, 10Gig, 100Gig, up to you. This was confirmed on my visit to a Three shop.

Now, you might be wondering how you could ever use that much data on a mobile phone. Three allow 'tethering'. The Samsung Galaxy 2 has an App pre-installed that allows you to very easily setup a WiFi Hotspot. This means that I can connect my PC to the interet through the Samsung's hotspot, in fact, I can connect up to 4 PCs and never have to worry when downloading large files or watching online videos.

£35pm all in, less than I was paying to Vodafone and a free Samsung Galaxy 2 = Best deal out there.

Two weeks into my contract. Phone is just amazing and Hotspot proving VERY useful.

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    snap John i did exactly the same as we can't have any fixed line on the boat obviously
    i went for a HTC desire though on a three contract for £22 a month :P

all the internet you want with no limits i've only just had my 1st bill so it's still new yet

the annoying thing is 3 actually stopped this all you can eat on the 31st july :(

i use a hotspot app on the phone so i connect and so can the wifey with her little net book
    we used it all the time while we were away on holiday and the speed was really good seeing as we were in the middle of the welsh valleys :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean they stopped the 'All You Can Eat' data for new customers or you? Still shows as available on their website.
    Last edited by Stitch Up; 03-08-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was told by 3 that it was only available for new customers up until the 31st july :~

any existing customers are fine as long as they don't change their tariff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably the HTC Desire HD I'm going to get now on unlimited for £20. I did look at the new Samsung John mentioned as my brother just bought one. If they were the same cost I would have gone for that as it is a tiny bit lighter but feature wise they are very similar. I never really use my mobile but these full screen jobies I'm liking for email and the rest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys - sorry, I'm a bit of a techno biff (never used to be) but when you say 'tethering' and 'hot-spot' do you mean that you can use laptops/note-books to connect to the interweb through your phone (using wi-fi)?

If so, what's the speeds like? I only say as I use the interweb with my iphone (on 3g) and it's very slow so I cannot imagine or even think about the amount of time I'd waste using it as a wi-fi hot spot.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, wirelessly connect you laptop or whatever and use the internet with your mobile acting as the ADSL Modem. Speed depends on your location but usually very good.

Many mobile phone providers specifically disallow the use of tethering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch Up View Post
    Yup, wirelessly connect you laptop or whatever and use the internet with your mobile acting as the ADSL Modem. Speed depends on your location but usually very good.
    Have you got a stat for the speed John ............. ?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was told the stats and can't rem lol
    but they we pretty good if you are in a good location ie a big city etc.

i can tell you that i am on a bt wifi at the minute and my 3 phone is a lot quicker than the wifi :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I just upgraded to galaxy ACE with tree and picked "all you can eat". love it!

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG