Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Web Hosting - Who to use?
    By jampers in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 02:25 PM
  2. web hosting
    By bigj2552 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 03:37 PM
  3. web hosting
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 07:49 PM
  4. Web hosting and design
    By Kaz in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: web hosting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

We have a web site but we would like to transfer it else where. the company that does it is very slow to respond to anything, , I feel that they might be ready to close down, can anybody recommend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

web hosting

I usually use 1and1 but for this forum I've just started out with Just Host. Decent package at a good price, it has all the facilities we need for the forum.
    The longer you sign for, the cheaper you get it. That said, there is a money back guarantee.
    I'm still getting to grips with the control panel and images uploads etc.

This is a good site....

http://www.thetop10bestwebhosting.com/ukg

Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

i use servage, have always been good, and well priced.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

I'm with Just Host too.

Excellent so far.

John
    Neoflex Direct to Garment Printer, Brother BAS-463 3 Head Embroidery Machine, Gerber Edge FX & 1, Gerber GS15Plus Plotter, Ricoh GX-7000 GelsPrinter, Adkins BETA Major Pneumatic Press, Graphtec CE5000-60 & Craft Robo, HTP616 Twinhead Mug Press & 2 Halogen Ovens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

web hosting

Well, having spent many hours trying to deal with Just Host I'm on the verge of cancelling the blooming lot! Having big problems getting straight answers out of them and response times are several hours when they say less than an hour!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

Quote Originally Posted by JNMann
    Well, having spent many hours trying to deal with Just Host I'm on the verge of cancelling the blooming lot! Having big problems getting straight answers out of them and response times are several hours when they say less than an hour!
    I'd never heard of them before but one quick Google brought up this: http://www.webhostingreviews.com/just-host-reviews.htm

Oh dear. I know the internet tends to amplify complaints (in that people are more likely to complain than praise), but there's just so many of them... Just 9 positive reviews out of 94.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

web hosting

Maybe I should have read that first! I've cancelled everything with them...within 24 hours of starting. I tried so hard to communicate with them through Live Chat and emails but they just wouldn't/couldn't help with very simple requests. Their attitude was extremely poor.
    Back to the drawing board here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

I would recommend the people I have my server hosted with, but they don't do "small" sites and their cheapest "business hosting" is far more than you want to pay. I've no doubt you'll get rapid response and good service, but the price puts them out of the equation.

Back in the old days I used to use Easyspace (http://www.easyspace.com/web_hosting) and Easily (http://easily.co.uk/whataremyoptions.php) - never had any real complaints (except when Easily switched their registrar to some other organisation without any pre-warning which caused some confusion). I'd still be using both of them today if I hadn't consolidated my sites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

try these guys ukhost4u

my friend hosts a number of web forums with them, and says they are reliable, he runs YUKU sites with them and SMF
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web hosting

Quote Originally Posted by jnmann
    This is a good site....

http://www.thetop10bestwebhosting.com/ukg

Justin :-)
    I've just clicked that link and find it odd that top of the list is the very same site that has 90% complaints from webhostingreviews.com. Seems bizarre that all the "positive" reviewers post on one site and all the "negative" reviewers post on another.

We humans are very organised creatures sometimes, aren't we? :D :D :D :D