Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Is this worth buying?
    By Quinsfan in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-11-2014, 10:17 PM
  2. Trademarks...are they worth it?
    By Joanna in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-05-2013, 02:17 PM
  3. Is this worth it's weight in ....
    By Miss Angel in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-06-2012, 12:07 AM
  4. 64 bit O/S - Is it worth it?
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 16-12-2011, 09:53 PM
  5. Just dont believe its worth it
    By gstk in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traynor26 View Post
    but it cost me £49!!!

This price gave me:

A domain name
    12 Months Hosting
    I've looked at the estorebuilder.co.uk website but I can't see any mention of the ongoing costs - i.e. the annual cost for the domain and hosting. I just see their terms and conditions that say that prices can change at any time. Do you know what you'll be paying for the second year?

As i said, im no computer wiz, but he had the 'basics' set up within 24 hours, that gave me a complete blank canvas and i then proceeded to upload all my own products in my own time through the admin page. Im still learning things on there..........like buy one get one free, how to add banners, how to add discount codes, etc etc etc
    If you're doing all that yourself, then it's really no different than someone getting a domain name and webspace and then putting ZenCart (free) or similar on it. I'm not sure I see what benefit this estorebuilder.co.uk is...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep,

Asked that, the second year of hosting is £45, I have not hear of Zen Cart, but I msg say I'm more than happy with what I have paid.

I have regular contact with a human at the other end who I know by name and he has been more than helpful, they added an 'Image upload' facility for me, for only £30. I'm sure ps solos on here are confident that they could of done that themselves, but for £30 I was happy and it was done in 12 hours of asking for it :)

When I said a blank canvas, what I meant was that there was a few 'dummy' products for me to change and make my own, the whole structure of the site was there, I just had to personalise it and make it my own :)

As said before, I'm no PC boffin, and I'm sure there are better or may be even cheaper options out there, but the site has already paid for itself several times over, so I am 1 happy customer :)

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I said a blank canvas, what I meant was that there was a few 'dummy' products for me to change and make my own, the whole structure of the site was there, I just had to personalise it and make it my own :)
    Yes, that's pretty much what you get with the free options like ZenCart (which includes image upload as standard).

As said before, I'm no PC boffin, and I'm sure there are better or may be even cheaper options out there, but the site has already paid for itself several times over, so I am 1 happy customer :)
    At the end of the day, all that's important is that it does what you want it to do at an affordable price. I only asked the questions so that others who are looking at what to do will have the answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totaly see where your coming from,

Wow, will deffo have to have a look at this ZanCart if they have an option for customers to upload images at no extra cost, a few others that I looked at wanted 100s to add this,

Thanks for the advice, might well re-think my options next year, but as you say, I'm happy with what I have paid at the moment.

Just might do some more research in the future :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traynor26 - nice looking webstore. It's true that you could get it all for free but it's not easy to install on server and set up properly if you don't have knowledge. So in my opinion the price you paid was fair.