Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. new office what yours look like
    By daddykev in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-01-2015, 10:45 PM
  2. Courier problem
    By Karen. in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM
  3. What courier do you use?
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
  4. Post Office Measuring Guides
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 01:12 PM
  5. Courier help please
    By Kaz in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who do you use for mug postage, post office or courier?

As we're about to start selling our mugs online, I'm looking into the various postage options. Currently we post the badges we sell by just keeping stamps in stock and knowing the cost of our various envelope sizes/weights/destinations and having a set of scales. Now that we're adding mugs to the product line, I'm looking at post office costs and wondering if using a courier company would be cheaper for single/multiple mugs and thought I'd ask what people here tend to do.

I had looked at a small franking set up but with machines costing around £1200 plus maintenance, I think I'll stick with buying a stock of stamps regularly. However, I'd like to avoid having to go to the post office counter as much as possible as it's not always convenient due to work and because I'm thoroughly fed up with them trying to sell me every type of financial service under the sun every single time I go in to buy a stamp.

Thanks,

Justin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For single mugs, post office @ £2.58 - 1st class. For multiples ,it may be cheaper by courier, all depends on what they charge!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For us it's pretty simple. Under 2Kg - Royal Mail, over 2Kg - Courier. If you send out loads every month, you may be able to work a good deal with your courier for the lower weights, too. Courier beats Royal Mail because (i) they pick up, and (ii) full online tracking as standard. But they're too expensive for sub-2Kg packages.

Re: franking. We've just started using the online postage system on the Royal Mail website. Bought some cheap labels off eBay, and now we buy postage online, stick the label on the package, and drop off at the post office. Seems to be working so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your in a business location usually you can sort out a collection from the post office
    it's usually when they deliver but usually they will collect any mail that needs to go esp if your in a rural location

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    franking machine £16 a month and discounted postage £1.90 for a mug first class the saving more than pays for the £16 a month

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JSR, just been looking at the online posting, do you just use regular online mail or smartstamp?
    @purpledragon, that's an interesting deal, where did you find that please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicfingers View Post
    @JSR, just been looking at the online posting, do you just use regular online mail or smartstamp?
    Regular online mail, I think. Not sure what "smartstamp" is. We've only just started using it, so we're still exploring the options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smartstamp is a great starting point for postage - Basically pay as you go, top up your account, add delivery address, choose product (1st class, 2nd class, product weight etc) and then print off postage labels via inkjet, then drop parcel off at post office. Once you shift over a certain amount of post you can apply for a PPI which gives you heavily reduced postage rates 1st class ceramic mug delivered for around £1.80 and 2nd class around £1.50.

Hope this helps a little :)

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    franking machine £16 a month and discounted postage £1.90 for a mug first class the saving more than pays for the £16 a month
    Can you details of where from etc...does it take long to get (could i get one before christmas rush???)

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just contact pitney bowes im not sure how long it takes i cant honestly remember but im pretty sure you would get it before xmas, They will try and hiot you with optional service fees and maintainance costs just dig ur heels in and say no also whatever you dont buy the machine inks and labels from them you can get them loads cheaper on fleabay.