Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. looking some parts for the mini 3d press
    By george in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 09:55 AM
  2. 3D Spare Parts - HELP :-)
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-08-2014, 09:24 PM
  3. Epson 1400 parts supplier?
    By Benn81 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 01:21 PM
  4. Wanted plate press - latte press- vinyl cutter wanted
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP wanted - anyone got a spare DF1 Mug press for parts?

Hi all - well it goes from bad to worse!

I got a replacement blanket from BMS in the end (see previous post) as I was waiting on coralgraph to get back to me to see if their blanket was compatible but I never heard anything ............... couldn't wait so I took the hit as I 'knew' the BMS replacment blanket 'was'.

Anyway, blanket changed about an hour ago - simple job and then ........................ SNAP!

This is the DF1 Mug Press

57504242e1.jpg

Hopefully I'll explain my problem well enough as I don't want to touch my camera at the moment. I dropped my brew first thing and smashed the mug then this ............... they say it comes in 3's!

Anyway, at the top of the mug press there is a bolt that is soldered to a smaller bolt, which is clamped through the metal housing of the blanket. When you pull and push the handle the blanket opens - well this has snaped!

The press and blanket is fine but without this bolt the blanket moves around freely and cannot clamp shut!

I just tried BMS just in case they had a spare (for parts) press but got no answer on both numbers (it is Friday after all).

If I haven't explained it well enough please let me know and I'll take some images but basically, if someone has a spare DF1 press (not sure if the other DF presses have the same bit) and can spare this bit I will pay them for it.

Anyone?

Kindest regards to all in advance :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Adam
    dont get excited i havnt got a spare , but i think the same thing happened to me is it the bit that screws in and out to adjust the blanket? if so its a design flaw apparantly, when it happened to me martin had a spare so it may be worth ringing again mines gone again but its threaded instead of snapping so although it pops in and out i can still use it . I have a couple of scrap mug presses (not df1's im afraid) but if you can make use of any of the parts give me a ring 01437 766211 if theres any parts that can help you you are more than welcome to them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok update i got a plan
    have you tried this go local diy shop get some liquid metal (basically really strong glue for metals)glue a nut to the bar where the small bit usually goes then screw new threaded bar into your clamp arm and the glued net you now have a rudamentry adjusting system which will hold the blanket in place
    Brett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brett - you are a TRUE GENTLEMAN!

Thank you for posting mate - really appreciated. I took your advice and popped over to a diy shop to get the bits but on the way I tried BMS again and got through to a very nice chap called Andy. After speaking to a colleague he then told me that they had took the bit T Bar section off another press and will stick it in the post to me - I'll have it tomorrow!

NOW - TELL ME IF THAT'S GOOD SERVICE!

Credit where credit is due. I used to buy from BMS for everything but now use them for most of my stuff with bits and bobs coming from other suppliers. It's clear to see that my problem was sorted within minutes.

Happy again - panic over.

But Brett - seriously, thank you buddy - you were straight in there with advice :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I did said in other tread that their blanket ARE compatibile as i have same press.
    also worth to remeber that attachments from all in one are same designe and all got this same bolt. ;) so is worth to try to look for them too :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I did said in other tread that their blanket ARE compatibile as i have same press.
    also worth to remeber that attachments from all in one are same designe and all got this same bolt. ;) so is worth to try to look for them too :)
    Paul - after you said that you had bought two and both were compatible I visited the coralgraph website to find that they say that certain blankets will only fit certain presses - this left me with the thought that I need confirmation, so I tried emailing them and contacting them through the forum but got nothing. I wasn't just going to spend the cash without being 100% sure as you can understand - with no answer the only 100% answer I had was BMS.

Ref the attachments, NO they're not all the same in different presses. I have an ebay special that the blanket is faulty and the bolt has a plastic ball on the end that hits a bit of metal on the housing to clamp shut - no good in the DF1 press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi it's only a 6mm bolt and nut you should be able to get from a hardware shop or garage workshop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem adam it took my mind off this bloody printer thats just gone south on me grrrrrrrr could be a new printer why o why did i choose this career

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Hi it's only a 6mm bolt and nut you should be able to get from a hardware shop or garage workshop.
    Hi Reg,

it't not the bolt that's the problem it's the fact that the bolt it welded onto the end of the larger bolt which goes through the housing to allow some play to tighten and loosen the press :-(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    No problem adam it took my mind off this bloody printer thats just gone south on me grrrrrrrr could be a new printer why o why did i choose this career
    Tell me about it - I left a blocked printer earlier that I have to go back to now!