Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Royal Mail Tracked 24 48
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 04:00 PM
  2. Q? Royal Mail OBA /PPI
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 08:47 PM
  3. royal mail OBA = shambles
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
  4. Royal Mail Postage
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15-06-2012, 11:59 PM
  5. ROYAL MAIL ARE NIGHTMARES
    By daniboy0812 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19-11-2010, 10:14 PM

Thread: Royal Mail

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Royal Mail

Aren't Royal Mail a pain in the bottom this time of year?

they know that everyone is going to post loads so why don't they get loads more staff to help out, i know they do get more but obviously it's not enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i've had no end of emails saying where is my stuff.
    and i'm waiting for things which i know has been posted a week ago 1st class
    they advertise that 95% of 1st class items are delivered next day rofl not this time of yr they aren't
    more like 95% of items posted 1st class will arrive in a week

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keeping you and your customers safe, 240v & 110v

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with you we sent items out 10-14 days ago and customers are pestering us asking where there orders are which is giving us a headache and name for poor delivery.
    Its getting that bad that we are considering sending duplicate orders out via a courier and hoping our customers are honest enough to return the royal mail delivery when they receive it.
    I am now starting to get to the stage where I have figured out why its called ROYAL SNAIL.Think next yr will hire a van and driver and do the deliveries ourselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have to be fair in that we should know at this time of year things do take longer to arrive in the post. I see how many cards come through my letter box now & I think if you times that by the number of houses etc the postman has to deliver too well, I'm glad I'm not the one walking around with that bag over my shoulder.

One day last week I went to the post office to send a couple of items only to find out that the computers had crashed which effected most of the other post offices for miles around. It wasn't there fault & no problem going back the next morning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the beginning of december i tell customers they need to allow extra time, and that any orders placed after the 10th cannot guarantee xmas delivery unless they pay for signed next day delivery or the extra for a courier, fingers crossed most orders are out now,
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what i cant understand is if you use a courier service such as dpd or tnt for post and small packets etc they get there on time but they but these companies transfer it to royal mail for delivery.
    Good example is we were sent a small package via TNT but it was the post man who delivered it exactly 22hrs after we the placed order and the postage the supplier charged us was same as royal mail would cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure I'm not alone in remembering when I was a student in the early 70's I used to get a Christmas job with the Royal Mail helping them to deliver and stuff used to get delivered quicker than the rest of the year. So much for progress......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading the first few lines of your post smitch I just daren't read any more, two of my main items should have been delivered within 2-3 working days ... that was two weeks ago and i now have a delivery date of the 21st
    Mandy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    what i cant understand is if you use a courier service such as dpd or tnt for post and small packets etc they get there on time but they but these companies transfer it to royal mail for delivery.
    Good example is we were sent a small package via TNT but it was the post man who delivered it exactly 22hrs after we the placed order and the postage the supplier charged us was same as royal mail would cost.
    Was this a red van that delivered - aka ParcelForce or the actual postman? The reason I ask is that our Parcelforce driver often gets mistaken for the postman just because they drive the same colour vans, but they are completely separate delivery services.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Martin it was actually the regular postman with trolley outside shop he always has a coffee at ours and is quite a character plus a good customer.
    When he comes in next week with the post and his order I am going to ask him for insider info.
    If you pay correct amount for delivery next day no matter what it should be delivered next day,First class should mean first class service as we give our customers and our suppliers give us Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.