Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Frustrated by local supplier so want my own set up
    By The iBox in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2014, 02:15 PM
  2. Call to my local doctors surgery
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-11-2013, 05:50 PM
  3. Local online marketing campaign ideas
    By logobear in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 04:44 AM
  4. leaflets/flyers
    By smitch6 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 06:24 PM
  5. Advertising Posters/Leaflets
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Local Advertising, leaflets and ideas

My intention is to officially launch my business in 2012. I've never been a great fan of leaflet drops but Shetland is a very different place in terms of advertising, community etc. The local newspaper has the best coverage along with radio but both are expensive and arguably effective.

My plan was to get a leaflet made to inform local companies of my existence. I have no idea where to start with this. I have a design team I can call on but thought I'd throw it out to the forum and see if anyone already has anything/any ideas. I'll probably follow this up with a newspaper ad. Once the words around I shouldn't need to do much advertising, word of mouth up here is phenomenal....this can be good and bad!

I'm also looking at another website. I have one from my last business still in operation. This could be adapted but is only based on a basic standard site, perfect for previous use which was pre-printed designs etc. but I now need to look towards a site where the customer can upload their own photo/design and ideally see this on the chosen item. I know we've discussed such sites on the forum before but does anyone know of any current solutions to this?

So, wondering if anyone has any advice on a marketing strategy, leaflet/website design etc?
    Last edited by Justin; 28-12-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for getting your leaflets out there you can try a few different methods. If you have a local chamber of commerce always a good idea to talk to them to see what help they can offer start up businesses. I've noticed a few leaflets coming through my letter box with the morning paper these days. The local newsagent has charged a small sum to companies wanting these delivering & a cheaper way than say the post office doing it.

There are various cheap ways you can market yourself as the aim is to get your business known & noticed. One way is using some of your products as prizes say at a local school event or maybe some kind of show or community event where people attend. Sometimes it's worth looking at any reciprical type of deals such as dicounts for free adverts etc. Sometimes if you do offer something as a prize on a regular basis the local newspaper wants a story about you & your business as a local interest story & a lot of times local radio pick up on what they read in the local papers.

A local photographers I do work for set up a Facebook group for the business & they add as many people they can to it mostly in the locale. Now they list any special deals they have going & also keep reminding people what they do. It does seem to be working for them but, does take a little time to build the group up at the start.

I'll leave the website & desighn to those who know better. Hope it helps a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your input Ian :-) Some good ideas there that I'll take on-board ;-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    well great post Ian! some good ideas there to pick up ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin. I had to be good at marketing myself years ago to find sponsors for the rallying. Some of the things I had to do back then well I cringe at some of them now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    well great post Ian! some good ideas there to pick up ;)
    Thanks Paul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in a rural town and the main " local " supermarket has agreed to let me leave flyers at the end of their checkouts once I am up and running properly. I'm also going to target my daughters schools with a reciprocal advertising idea - they would use sports awards and as kids love photos of themselves on anything it seemes like a good idea. Another idea was to approach other small business that would attract my target demograph as customers and offer them a commission for sales - for example for christening, baby, communion and wedding gifts I'd make a tri fold brochure for hairdressers, beauticians, creches etc - with more busier places also being given display samples. When people are waiting they can have a look at your products and fill in an order form (and pay of course ;-)
    And I was in a restaurant in Kildare yesterday and they had A4 posters up for someone doing personalised football gifts with a FB link (as an aside - he had premier club logos on his advertising which I thought was a strict no-no), I think in today's economy people are very willing to advertise local grassroots business.
    Word of mouth is priceless though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some brilliant ideas there Sarahjayne & thanks for sharing them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Anyone have flyers/leaflets already and would be willing to show us?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local Advertising, leaflets and ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Anyone have flyers/leaflets already and would be willing to show us?
    Something like this Justin.
    Attached Images Attached Images