I was trolling FleaBay and came across something that will change our world forever!!
Dual action sublimation/inkjet paper for dark t-shirts. Yes now you can do inkjet and sublimation prints on dark t shirts with this one amazing product. Here are the instructions as provided by the seller:

"20 Quality Dark T-Shirt Transfer Paper Heat Press
Operation Instruction
Step One: PRINTING
1. can use pigment ink and sublimation ink .
2. Any inkjet printer is ok .While printing ,set “photo”or “super photo” , do not set mirror image .
3. cut the white place that you do not need ,then peel off the paper .
Step Two: TRANSFERRING
1. set the heat press machine 180 degress .
2. put the printed film on the T-shirt,(put one piece of sublimation net film on the design ),then put the telfon sheet on it .
3. Print in pigment ink , set the temperature 160-180 degress ,press 10-15 seconds .
Print in sublimation ink ,set the temperature 180-200 degress ,press 20 seconds .
Step Three: ATTENTION POINTS for pigment ink
1. Wash the T-shirts 24 hours later, and do not wash with the decolorant or the alkaline power .
2. Suggest to put one sublimation net film on the design before transferring.It can make the design more durable and colorful ,especially when you print it in sublimation ink."

So there you have it so simple. Just print and cut out your inkjet design and press on. Or more interestingly you can actually sublimate on dark t shirts without mirroring the image using the same paper!! Yes just use this product and it will absorb the sublimation ink which you can transfer to the top platen of your heat press in seconds. Who needs DTG when you can bag this bargain at just 51p a sheet.
I'm off to find the pack of sublimation net film I bought off the back of a rickshaw and throw out all my "decolorant", in case I mistakenly put it in the washing machine.
Now I'm looking for tippex printer for white on black laser quality transfers.