Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. It finally happened !!
    By Renniwano in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-01-2014, 08:56 PM
  2. What ever happened to ?
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-12-2013, 03:36 PM
  3. what happened to longforte
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM
  4. O MY GOD!!!! it realy happened!!!
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-05-2011, 09:41 PM
  5. PPP. So What Happened?
    By Stitch Up in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't believe what happened today!

Yesterday I had someone order a couple of t-shirts that required some text on the front and back. There were a couple of people in the shop at the time of the order going through (no different than any other time).

I asked for the customers name, and contact details (as always) took a 50% deposit (as always) and said they would be ready for 12 today.

I had a call about an hour after the customer had left asking if the rear print could be changed from black to red - no problem I said as they hadn't been done yet.

Today, just after 12 in walks the customer - out comes their order, confusion strikes their face. I look and ask if everything is ok and they say ...........

.................. why is the back printed in red?

I explain about the phone call (from a woman - and the same woman ordered and picked up) and she say's that it wasn't her! I believed her as she is a regular.

Then I start to think about the people who were in the shop at the time she ordered and can only think it was someone winding me up - it worked!

All was rectified afterwards and she got her order but it just goes to show that anyone can be caught off their guard!

Now, everyone is issued an 8 digit code on ordering that must be quoted back in the language given to them on ordering just to confirm who they are!

lol - a confirmation of name and telephone number would suffice but hey ho, we live and learn!
    Last edited by AdamB; 25-01-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!
    (contact Admin for more details)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh heck a real grrrrrrrrrrrr moment mate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah can happen that adam.TBH if you doing quite a few tshirts or any design then the chance of it happening again are quite high
    Human nature - we rush things :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam, sensible idea, but you really cannot believe that someone would phone you up and change it as a joke, they must have bee listening in the shop the whole time you were serving the other couple
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't consider it a "joke" when someone costs me money like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know - to be totally honest I was more mad last night when I was typing the story that had happened.

At the moment it happened I was took a little back and couldn't believe that someone had done it - my first reaction was to laugh ............. don't know why - as you say, it may be a couple of quid lost with the t-shirts and vinyl but these were ready to go at retail price so a lot more has been lost.

Still - we live and learn and I would rather have this happen now than on an order worth a few hundred quid!

Oh and cardman - the chance of this happening again is NIL - it won't, not sure why you would think it would happen again?
    Everyone makes mistakes in what they do no matter how carefull they are (as you say we're only human) but this incident was completely different, it wasn't an error due to rushing it was due to a third party getting involved.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JSR, thats why i put it as i did, because i cannot belive that somepeople think like that - not because i thought it was funny ???

Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    but you really cannot believe that someone would phone you up and change it as a joke,
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    JSR, thats why i put it as i did, because i cannot belive that somepeople think like that - not because i thought it was funny ???
    I know what you mean Laura - I would rather someone had done this as a 'joke' as you said than actually being malicious with a vendetta against me and the shop. I think it was a 'let's do this' spare of the moment thing (like jackass) ...................... hey, you never know - I may be on YouTube soon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i think like you say people think "lets play a prank" and never think of the consequences of it, mind you i expect you will remember them if they come back into the shop. from now on you will have to say - can you repeat the slogan you wish to change for me please ... that might help it sound like you are being cautious from your side, not because of whats happened.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt you at least offer the dudd ones at a low price to reap back something ? .... lol