Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Can't add photos
    By Quinsfan in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-01-2014, 08:37 PM
  2. Photos
    By TonyM in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM
  3. How do you take your photos.
    By dazzul in forum Hardware
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 12:07 PM
  4. Photos of sew out
    By jennywren in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 21-01-2013, 11:05 PM
  5. Stock product photos
    By Justin in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 11:45 PM

Thread: stock photos

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stock photos

re: stock photos of items you are selling....

can you get stock photos of the items you wish to sell from the seller ?

or..

is it a case of - buy "1" of the items you are gonna sell, and photogragh them your self ?

just wondering how the rest of the guys done it !

with the buy one approach - you can get all your backing for the pics the same / colour - size ect....which looks a lot more pro IMHO..but thats maybe just me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Origionally I started with POS and images from Xpres which really helped I know that Novachrome have leaflets etc but I don't even use half of the products so couldn't use them.

Most of the tshirt suppliers will allow you to use the images too.

Perhaps you could give them a call, no harm in asking.
    Thinking about it i'm sure Xpres still do it.
    Mandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJLA View Post
    Origionally I started with POS and images from Xpres which really helped I know that Novachrome have leaflets etc but I don't even use half of the products so couldn't use them.

Most of the tshirt suppliers will allow you to use the images too.

Perhaps you could give them a call, no harm in asking.
    Thinking about it i'm sure Xpres still do it.
    thanks mandy....will look into it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj2552 View Post
    can you get stock photos of the items you wish to sell from the seller ?

or..

is it a case of - buy "1" of the items you are gonna sell, and photogragh them your self ?
    Personally, I wouldn't offer any item to my customers if I hadn't already printed at least one to prove to myself that it can be done. And, if I'm going to do one myself, I'll have myself my own photo.

The trouble with using stock photos is that everyone else can use them, too. This makes your offering look identical to hundreds of other people who are doing the same thing. It also suggests to your customers that (i) you haven't printed one before so they can't be sure of the quality, and (ii) you've never sold one before because, if you had, you would have photographed it.

You'd do yourself a much better service by just buying one of what you want to sell, print it to prove you can do it, and then photograph it. Use one of your own photos on it so that it's unique and, if you choose an appropriate photograph, you can then give the item away to a family member or friend as a birthday/Christmas present. Everyone's a winner.

You may find that, if you ask, some suppliers may send you a free sample anyway - and you can use that without spending a penny on getting it in the first place. Can't hurt to ask.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't offer any item to my customers if I hadn't already printed at least one to prove to myself that it can be done. And, if I'm going to do one myself, I'll have myself my own photo.

The trouble with using stock photos is that everyone else can use them, too. This makes your offering look identical to hundreds of other people who are doing the same thing. It also suggests to your customers that (i) you haven't printed one before so they can't be sure of the quality, and (ii) you've never sold one before because, if you had, you would have photographed it.

You'd do yourself a much better service by just buying one of what you want to sell, print it to prove you can do it, and then photograph it. Use one of your own photos on it so that it's unique and, if you choose an appropriate photograph, you can then give the item away to a family member or friend as a birthday/Christmas present. Everyone's a winner.

You may find that, if you ask, some suppliers may send you a free sample anyway - and you can use that without spending a penny on getting it in the first place. Can't hurt to ask.
    that was/is my original plan m8.....was just getting others opinions ...
    That is the more logical way to do it...like you/i said...its your own - design - backing ect...
    Last edited by bigj2552; 10-02-2012 at 11:09 AM.