Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. leather flex
    By ssp in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
  2. mdp flex
    By epstnb in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM
  3. MDP - Flex or Hot Flex
    By John G in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 05:24 AM
  4. Printable Flex - has anyone used it?
    By AdamB in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 24-05-2011, 08:19 AM
  5. looking for flex
    By Paul in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-05-2010, 10:15 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flex how do i use it

this is probably a really dumb question but i brought some i think it was called cotton flex from you Martin last summer and don't have a clue how to use it i do i cut right through it with my robo (i've never used that apart from once with a sheet of flock and i screwed that up so i just dumped the cutter and this black vinyl in a corner and never used it, now i need to learn and have been watching video's on how to use cutter, but haven't a clue about the flex which side should face up Can't remember what the lady at bms said when i phoned
    also the robo came with a carrier i think they are called do i need to use it when cutting flock/ vinyls etc :oop :oops:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flex how do i use it

Some quick pointers for you:
    You cut through the back of the flex towards the clear backing sheet. To check which way round it is peal the corner. Robo settings (as a guide) - speed 33 (or maximum) and pressure set to about 12 (if a new blade and a couple higher if getting blunt) with the blue blade adjuster.
    Type text and then mirror it so it is in reverse in the robo master software and load in the sheet of flex. You don't need the carrier sheet as the settings above should cut the flex and not the backing sheet it's on. Once cut, weed off the waste (what you don't need) and lay this on your garment. Press at 170 degrees for 20 seconds, allow to cool and peal off the backing of the flex. The flex should remain on the garment and this can be washed at up to 80 degrees C, reverse iron, do not tumble dry.

Note: the washing/ pressing instructions apply to our cotton flex. Other companies may have different settings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flex how do i use it

Your a star martin thanks so much

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flex how do i use it

cover with silicone sheet before pressing or get a scraper blade ready to remove a gooey mess from your heat platern

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flex how do i use it

cheers brett for pointing that out, i've only pressed subli and preprinted transfers and i have sometimes forgot, never even crossed my mind about covering flex/flock/vinyl what with them not being ink