Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Can I use standard htv on this material
    By Miss D in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-04-2015, 09:48 AM
  2. Sub Standard Mugs
    By Themugbox in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 11:27 AM
  3. What are the best standard 11oz mugs
    By madbob in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 08:53 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 03:05 AM
  5. G7 or GraCoL standard?
    By ANewsom in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standard Terms and Conditions for Website

Hi,

I've had a search through the forum but can't find what I'm looking for, so thought it best to ask.

I'm in the process of building a website and plan on it being the sales point for the local market (with a view to expanding it if it works out).

I want it to be reasonably simple, but aware that I need to cover Terms and Conditions.

Can anybody point me towards some generic Terms and Conditions I can use, including using Copyrighted images.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I got my T&C's from http://www.website-contracts.co.uk/ they are free to download and use. As far as copyrighted images goes I added a little bit extra but I can't remember where it was sourced from. I also have the copyright statement in all invoices sent.

I would strongly recommend if you know a picture is protected by copyrighted with no authorisation to reprint then don't print it, in my opinion it is much better to turn down and loose a sale than to loose your business and maybe more, you will get more sales but another business isn't as easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that - I've had a quick look at the link and it appears that the downloads are no longer free - I'll take a longer look later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi if you inbox me your email address I have the templates saved in word format and can happily email them over to you, I also have a privacy policy template which you will also need if you are selling products on your website. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now checking out T&C's for my own website, the link above was useful. Anybody got any other options?

Janners.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have to add the cookies statement on them, (sorry for jumping in on your thread )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Problems Jennywren.
    I was reading about that in the FSB magazine, and it appears at the moment that the government are looking into that, question about red tape/overkill etc. BUT every communication I have had from the bigger suppliers I use has had the cookie warning of some form plasterd all over the opening page. So in short I guess the answer would be "yes" it is needed.

Now to sort out my terms and conditions....

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My above comment about the FSB, made me think.

On the FSB website is a "Standard Terms and Conditions".

Sorted!

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jennywren View Post
    Do we have to add the cookies statement on them, (sorry for jumping in on your thread )
    It depends on what you use the cookies for...

Legislation is unclear and untested but... if you use cookies to provide a service that the customer has asked for and that service has to use cookies in order to function then provided you use the cookies solely for that purpose you don't have to issue a warning.
    Specifically using cookies JUST for your shopping routines is deemed to be a necessary function - the customer has requested to use your shopping basket and cookies are an integral requirement so that's ok. EU legislation is specific on this point.

If you use cookies for anything else - like saying hello fred next time they visit - you should provide an 'opt in' button.

Simply telling people that you are using cookies and not giving them the option to reject them is NOT compliance with the law - contrary to what a lot of sites seem to think.

This is going to drag on for a long time to come....

Oh, and just to cover my sorry behind - i'm not a lawyer, this is just my understanding - it's up to you if you believe me etc. etc.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCarrot View Post
    This is going to drag on for a long time to come.....
    Couldn't agree more, as is usually the case with any thing EU/goverment related!

There is a lot of information and even more missinformation going around about this. I've been tasked with investigating this for the sites my company runs, and also my own community forum/shop. Luckily the platform we develop sites on already has a wide range of compliant 'plug-ins' available to sort this.

For those who have created their own, or have used 'off the shelf self install' sites, then whoever created the software should be able to provide this for you (I would hope!). Otherwise, get on to whoever created your website and start asking them questions!